Purpose of Role: Build the brand strategy and strategic management of 3rd Party retail-partners across group-owned Health & Beauty brand-portfolio. Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships at Buying level and optimising sales, margin and brand-visibility through successful management of the trading and promotional calendar with each account. The Head of Skincare role is targeted on sales-growth through specific strategic channels, namely; additional doors (within existing accounts), new partners, new markets and additional range, including new product launches.
Senior Account Management.
- Market Analysis, ensuring each brand is working with the ‘right’ partners to achieve overall brand-strategy, plus ‘new’ market entry strategy – key target doors.
- Range Review by-account, ensuring optimal range is represented in each approved stockist.
- Internal Forecasting, based on sales-history, agreed account-activity, product-launches and seasonal trend analysis.
- Strategic product (NPD) launch to accounts, ensuring optimal visibility through exclusivity or open-distribution.
- Leading and coaching a Junior Account Team across all Colour brands ensuring that we are fulfilling all partner expectations on stock, marketing, eventing and driving the business forward
Internal-Communication & Relationships.
- Develop effective working relationships internally, that will support optimal account performance and visibility via retail channel;
- Brand Team – close working relationship ensuring coherent strategy around new/ existing business and optimal visibility via 3rd Party marketing-channels.
- NPD – ensuring launch in to retail is visible and feedback around product/NPD is fed in to future launches, ensure accurate forecasting is complete and a strong sell in numbers to retail partners
- Supply Chain/Finance – close working relationship, ensuring free and timely flow of product.
- Buying Team – assisting in the management of excess stock and high-cover, utilising 3rd Party relationships to drive ad-hoc, strategic exit-plans.
- Legal – advisory relationship, ensuring optimal visibility of risk in new partners, including guidance around T&C’s and account set-up.
- Any other duties as outlined by the Group Head of Sales
External-Communication & Relationships.
Our Head of Skincare embodies the brands, an ambassador for the group in all external-meetings;
- Retail Partners;
- Direct relationships across Buying and Operational departments, facilitating intro’s to wider THG team where applicable (marketing, PR, Finance, etc).
- Building strategic long term partnerships with existing partners and seeking to build new relationships with new partners
- Delivering and ‘supporting’ training at Retail, utilising retailer resource where possible to scale any training investment.
- Managing and removing any barriers to free movement of stock.
- Strategically driving and identifying ad-hoc sales opportunities, within existing account-base, outside of ‘normal’ buying pattern, providing flexible sales-levers when needed.
- New Business Acquisition – targeting and negotiating new business opportunities.
- Any other duties as outlined by the Group Head of Sales.
Necessary Knowledge/Skills Experience:
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Team working and relationship building
- Proven analytical skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excel literate