THG is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We have over a decade of building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, across over 140 markets. We specialise in creating brilliant digital brand experiences and we aim to be the World's leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK's leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and we currently have over 16 million customers worldwide.
We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast as you might think is possible. That's how the company operates, and it is part of the DNA that has led to our incredible growth. We have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers - our people are unquestionably our strength. Wherever in the world they are, whatever their role, we encourage our people to share the smart thinking, and give them the support to see their ideas made real. We have built an environment that empowers our people to achieve their full potential, creating innovative digital experiences that deliver results.
As part of our hyper growth we seek to hire and develop well-rounded, commercially astute, ambitious people that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and drive us forward.
About the Technology @ THG
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast. Our current 200 developers are currently looking at how we can further develop our platform to continue the success’ that we have had!
The Head of Web-site development will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of the customer web site experience for the Hut Group’s Ingenuity division. The role includes the development of the Hut’s web site presence and also its subsidiaries. Additionally the Ingenuity division has a number of websites supporting the customer interaction with the Cloud Computing and Hosting brands. The process will include working with the Product Owners, Marketing Specialists, Quality Assurance team and Developers from the concept stage through to the design, development and testing. This person will be responsible for producing a consistent end-to-end light touch customer experience delivered to meet the company objectives.
The person must be skilled in UX/UI and must have a good understanding of web site development, implementation, web design, best practice and maintenance. Key to the role are the overall design of navigational flows and creation of graphic elements. Must understand the technology behind the server including web servers, application servers and web site coding languages.
The duties of the job include the following:
- Responsible for the customer journey, design and development of web sites
- Responsible for the optimisation of web site content to facilitate a smooth user experience
- Responsible for a small team of Web Designers, UX Engineers and Graphic designers
- Team Leadership and Management experience
- Up to date with best practices in Web Site development and UX/UI
- Knowledge of the web application stack – e.g. LAMP or Windows Server/IIS
- An understanding of the day to day operations model of a Website including transactional and application monitoring
- Mobile web site optimisation and development
The following skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Google Analytics, SEO and similar
- Wireframes, prototypes, user flow and path analysis
- Ecommerce experience and conversion optimization
- Ideally, a working knowledge of the Cloud Computer and Hosting business
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems
We'd love it if you tick the majority of these boxes:
- An expert in chosen field and good knowledge about wider technologies
- Have the ability to handle all technical issues and some incident management
- The ability to project manage your own work
- Provide input into design and architecture
- Review and input technical designs
- Get involved in roadmaps and review plans
- Operate automated tools/scripts to complete task - think about how you can further automate tasks
- Initiate, complete and document root cause analysis on complex incidents
- Be a positive, active member of the team - Leader for our Graduates and Junior Engineers
- Confidently express your opinions
- Frequently ask yourself this question - "What can we do better?"
- Be passionate about technology (Outside of the one you use!)
- Plan and execute work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills to both technical and non-technical teams
- Get involved with hiring new employees