THG is one of the world's leading online beauty and wellbeing retailers, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, ESPA, GlossyBox, and Myprotein; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity. Our 4,500-plus employees represent 66 nationalities and work in offices located in 11 cities around the globe.
Our culture is fast- paced and unique, we recognise great achievements with great rewards. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey. THG believes in the power of meritocracy. We invest in the development of our people to help everyone achieve their full potential.
Working closely with the Head of People and People Manager, the People Advisor will provide HR support on all aspects of operational HR across Head Office, and wider group businesses. The People Advisor will maintain influential relationships with relevant stakeholders within THG, ensuring an excellent quality and coverage of HR support at all times. The role holder will provide HR support for group wide projects as assigned by Head of People/People Manager.
This post would suit a dynamic and adaptable HR professional who is eager to excel in their career, and confident with operating in a fast paced, change environment.
- Take responsibility for the management of all core ER cases across business areas including; all sickness cases, flexible working requests, performance management plans, grievance and disciplinary processes.
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues and managers as required
- Liaise with Senior People Adviser to ensure appropriate support is provided to THG on complex ER issues
- Champion the development of people management skills within the Group
- Management of Maternity/Paternity & Adoption across business areas
- Coach and influence managers from a people perspective, developing their people management/leadership skills and constructively challenging inappropriate behaviours/actions
- Mange all formal performance management cases across the Group, and actively coach managers to handle performance cases on an informal basis where necessary
- Ensure all cases of formal performance management are documented and recorded in line with internal audit requirements
Training & Development
- Work closely with THG Academy to ensure that development programs from a HR perspective are fit for purpose and relevant for THG
- Take ownership of delivering HR programs delivered to ensure THG managers are getting the required people management skills they need in order to effectively manage their teams
Skills, Experience & Behaviours
- At least two years HR experience
- Experience advising managers and stakeholders on HR policies and procedures
- Experience of dealing with all levels of staff in a persuasive and credible manner
- Strong technical skills and a good working knowledge of current employment legislation
- Strong listening and problem solving skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Shows a strong commitment to understanding the business and meeting stakeholder needs
- Proactive and responsive demeanour to adapt to changing needs of the business
- Preferably Level 5 CIPD as a minimum requirement
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business