About The Hut Group:
Opening Date: 24th June 2019
Closing Date: 23rd July 2019
Salary: £25k - £40k per annum
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
THG is looking for someone to manage and develop business with local couriers for all shipments in and out of Asia. Your primary focus will be to ensure that all sales stock are delivered to and from the warehouses by couriers in a timely fashion, so that customer orders can be fulfilled accurately and on time. You will work alongside the internal sales function to keep our customers happy and with external freight forwarders and 3rd Party Logistics companies to ensure that inbound and outbound transport for Asia region is delivered in as efficient and cost efficient manner as possible. This is an exciting but challenging role where you will be required to work with the sales team and with existing 3PL partners. You should also look to find new solutions and develop business with new partners where this will benefit the business. For this role we are ideally looking for someone that has lived in Asia for many years who understands the culture and speaks Mandarin.
You will be primarily based at our offices in Manchester with regular travel to Northwich.
- To ensure sales orders are delivered to customers efficiently so they are fully satisfied and THG can win additional business from them.
- To ensure logistics transport and delivery solutions are provided to meet with targets set by the business by driving strategic initiatives
- To develop new business with partners in both emerging and developed territories
- To optimise and drive efficiencies of existing delivery lanes
- To work with centralised functions for sales in Asia efficiently to ensure that any tasks involving or affecting carriers – including payments, Customer Services , IT & Tech , Marketing Opportunities are executed efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- To optimise the mix of costs and service in line with the business expectations
- To continually ensure that THG’s customers experience the best possible service from our partners discusses employer’s or client’s requirements, carries out surveys and analyses customers’ reactions to product, packaging, price, etc.;”
- To carry out this role effectively you will need to have a good understanding of current network and key partners for Asia and capability to negotiate service deliverables and cost savings
- You will also be required to arrange BD meetings with senior counterparts from all our supply network in relation to delivery and discusses THG’s requirements with regards to service with them
- Arrange air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door to door
- Deal with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargos
- Maintain communication and control through all phases of the journey
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Carry out surveys and analyse THG's customers’ requirements plus suitability of service offering to them
- Ensuring the business is compliant with regulations relevant to Logistics
- To develop the relationship between technology and seamless logistics
- To develop excellent working relationships with our global 3PL’s
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Logistics or similar or equivalent experience
- Experience working in the Transport and Delivery side of Logistics, with international freight forwarders and 3PL partners plus a very good understanding of logistics and e-commerce in Asia.
- Excellent communication skills - you will be liaising with a variety of people
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience in Business Development and Sales
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good geographical knowledge for Asia region
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- For this role we are ideally looking for someone that has lived in Asia for many years who understands the culture and speaks Mandarin.
- You will also need to be based within a reasonable commute of our offices in the North West UK.