THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
THG is looking to recruit a Logistics Graduate / Executive to arrange and manage bulk shipments to B2B customers and from one Distribution Centre to another. Your primary focus will be to ensure that stock is delivered to and from the warehouses or our customers by couriers in a timely fashion, so that customer orders can be fulfilled accurately and on time. You will work with external freight forwarders and 3rd Party Logistics companies to ensure that inbound and outbound transport for THG is delivered in as efficient and cost efficient manner as possible. This is an exciting but challenging role with excellent scope for progression.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that logistics transport and delivery solutions are provided to meet with targets set by the business by driving strategic initiatives
- To develop new partners in both emerging and developed territories
- To optimise and drive efficiencies of existing delivery lanes
- To work with centralised functions efficiently to ensure that any tasks that involving or affecting carriers – including payments, Customer Services , IT & Tech , Marketing Opportunities are executed efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- To optimise the mix of costs and service in line with the business expectations
- To ensure that THG’s customers experience the best possible service from our partners
- Arrange BD meetings with senior counterparts from all our supply network in relation to delivery
- Arrange air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door to door
- Deal with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargos
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Ensuring the business is compliant with regulations relevant to Logistics
- To develop the relationship between technology and seamless logistics
- To develop excellent working relationships with our global 3PL’s
- Maintain communication and control through all phases of the journey
Required skills and experience
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - you will be liaising with a variety of people and clarity in communications is critical as major problems could arise through inaccuracies
- If you already have experience working in the Transport and Delivery side of Logistics, with international freight forwarders and 3PL partners plus a good understanding of logistics and e-commerce this would be advantageous