The Hut Group is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We’re an ideas-led tech company that’s always had a desire to break out of conventions. Ambition that has established us as a leader in the Beauty and Wellness spaces, and now we’re going beyond. Our culture is fast-paced and risk-taking, we like to move twice as fast as any normal person thinks is reasonable. Over a decade of building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, across over 140 markets. We specialise in creating brilliant digital brand experiences, and we are hungry for more.
Our culture celebrates original thinkers, tech pioneers and skilled technologists. A group of over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers – our people are unquestionably our strength. An environment that empowers our people to achieve their full potential, creating innovative digital experiences that deliver results. Our culture is one of a kind, recognising great achievement with great reward.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
THG is looking to recruit a Logistics Executive with 1-2 years' experience in Logistics to organise shipments in and out of our Distribution Centres. Your primary focus will be to ensure that stock is delivered to and from the warehouses by couriers in a timely fashion, so that customer orders can be fulfilled accurately and on time. You will work with external freight forwarders and 3rd Party Logistics companies to ensure that inbound and outbound transport for THG is delivered in as efficient and cost efficient manner as possible. This is an exciting but challenging role with excellent scope for progression.
Fluency of Japanese language is essential and knowledge of Mandarin language would be desirable.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that logistics transport and delivery solutions are provided to meet with targets set by the business by driving strategic initiatives
- To develop new partners in both emerging and developed territories
- To optimise and drive efficiencies of existing delivery lanes
- To work with centralised functions efficiently to ensure that any tasks that involving or affecting carriers – including payments, Customer Services , IT & Tech , Marketing Opportunities are executed efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- To optimise the mix of costs and service in line with the business expectations
- To continuously and sustainably ensure that THG’s customers experience the best possible service from our partners
- To carry out this role effectively you will need to have a good understanding of current network and key partners for Asia and capability to negotiate service deliverables and cost saving
- You will also be required to arrange BD meetings with senior counterparts from all our supply network in relation to delivery
- Arrange air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door to door
- Deal with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargos
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Ensuring the business is compliant with regulations relevant to Logistics
- To develop the relationship between technology and seamless logistics
- To develop excellent working relationships with our global 3PL’s
- Maintain communication and control through all phases of the journey
Required skills and experience
Fluency in Japanese is essential, Mandarin language would be considered as desirable
- 1-2 years experience working in a logistics related role
- Excellent communication skills - you will be liaising with a variety of people
- Clarity in communication, as major problems could arise through inaccuracies
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working in the Transport and Delivery side of Logistics, with international freight forwarders and 3PL partners plus a good understanding of logistics and e-commerce