The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
UK2 @ THG
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group’s acquisition of UK2 was a strategic opportunity to develop the existing proprietary technology platform behind our health and beauty brands. It also enhances the server infrastructure, programmatic development and platform security.
As veterans in the hosting industry, UK2 Group have been providing internet services on a global scale for over 15 years, pioneering the mass adoption of many breakthrough technologies. With experience which spans two decades, we have seen the online landscape alter beyond recognition, and have adapted our service offering in accordance with the rapid developments in hardware capabilities, data transfer speeds and global business demands.
We are seeking multiple experienced 2nd Line Support Analysts to join our brand new, world class Operations Centre in the heart of Salford Quays.
- Pay a key role within the Service Operations team
- Drive the diagnosis, root cause, and fix of THG incidents.
- Coordinate, and facilitate incident resolution.
- Responsible for restoring normal service operation as quickly as possible.
- Minimise adverse impact on business operations following an incident.
- Provides medium complexity technology support activities including off-shift support.
- Works closely with Technology Teams to solve complex technical incidents and problems and escalate when appropriate
- Performs medium complexity technology changes and implementations globally.
- Analyses potential changes and enhancements to software and hardware to determine impact on existing production systems, system design standards and operating procedures
Candidate Competencies / Essential Characteristics:
- Strong Communication and collaboration skills to articulate, rationalise situations during incidents.
- Ability to translate between technical language and business language.
- Diplomatic and Robust with the ability to act in a complex business environment.
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about providing ‘best in class’ service