THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
THG is looking to recruit a Senior Specification Technologist for Food and Supplements with previous experience and understanding of regulations pertaining to labelling of Food and Food Supplements for EU Countries, to join our Compliance & Regulatory Team.
About the Role:
As a Senior Specification technologist you will oversee a team of junior specification technologists and will reporting to the Food Regulatory Manager.
You will be responsible for ensuring the transition of all food and supplement finished product specifications from offline documents to an online product specification system and training your team to use and optimise the process.
As the Senior Specification Technologist, you will be the first point of contact for new product launches in the EU and worldwide.
- Managing the transition of existing finished product specifications (4000+) to an online specification system, including full compliance review of products
- Ensuring that inaccuracies found during the specification review are raised in the appropriate manner to the relevant manager as quickly as possible
- Review of existing finished product artwork against the finished product specification to ensure the finished product artwork standards and legal requirements are met
- Managing any inaccuracies found in product specifications
- Completion of finished product specifications to meet the NPD critical path, ensuring completion to right first time requirements for product launch in all territories
- Working with NPD to create finished good specifications for new products
- Working with the Regulatory Team to obtain final sign off on formulation
- Generating product information for artwork creation, managing the artwork approval process
- Ensuring that inaccuracies found during the specification to Launch process are raised in the appropriate manner to the relevant manager as quickly as possible
- Maintaining existing finished product specifications
- Working with SQA and Regulatory to manage implications of changing raw materials in existing products
- Managing recipe changes in finished product specifications
- Handling internal queries related to products
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate that you have
- Experience as a food specification technologist
- Experience with process management
- Ability to prioritise, manage own workload and adhere to changing business requirements and deadlines
- Ability to work with different departments e.g. NPD, Regulatory, Purchasing, SQA, QA, Packaging Artwork etc to ensure meeting the customer needs
- Experienced using product specification system (Oracle Brand Compliance is advantageous)
- You should also be a team player, this is a key aspect of the role. Team work and a working well with others is highly valued in this team
- If you have experience managing a small team / delivering training this would be advantageous