THG is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We have over a decade of building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, across over 140 markets. We specialise in creating brilliant digital brand experiences and we aim to be the World's leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK's leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and we currently have over 16 million customers worldwide.
We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast as you might think is possible. That's how the company operates and it is part of the DNA that has led to our incredible growth. We have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers - our people are unquestionably our strength. Wherever in the world they are, whatever their role, we encourage our people to share the smart thinking, and give them the support to see their ideas made real. We have built an environment that empowers our people to achieve their full potential, creating innovative digital experiences that deliver results.
As part of our hyper growth we seek to hire and develop well-rounded, commercially astute, ambitious people that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and drive us forward.
About the Technology @ THG
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast. Our current 200 developers are currently looking at how we can further develop our platform to continue the success’ that we have had!
- The candidate will have the opportunity to take on some technical responsibility of our marketplace platform and future platform enhancements.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to technically lead a team of junior software engineers and strive to develop their technical skills.
- The candidate will technically lead THG’s marketplace platform that attracts millions of visitors each month in the UK. Many of the platforms components are being rewritten in Java (backend) and NodeJS (frontend).
- The role includes both technical leadership of projects and management of a team of graduate to mid-level software engineers.
- Java (8 & 11)
- Spring (MVC and Security)
- Front end skills (Angular/React)
Desirable (Chance to gain exposure to):
- Elastic Search
Future Work and Opportunities:
- The candidate will have the opportunity to work on the rewrite of our platform’s ColdFusion monolithic codebase which is driving most of our marketplace platform’s capabilities into Java based microservices.
- While working on the projects the candidate will have the opportunity to work with our highly motivated business team, SEO team, Data Science team, UX and other software engineering teams in our tech division.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to work on a future platform migration into OpenStack through a highly corroborative tech division project.