THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations are at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centres located in Warrington UK, in Continental Europe, US, APAC and India.
THG is looking to recruit a Site Lead, with experience in automation and large-scale e-commerce distribution to effectively manage customer fulfilment operations and the teams based at our Main Flagship Distribution Centre in Warrington, UK.
You will be responsible for overseeing all of THG’s UK fulfilment operations which will include the teams that look after Outbound, Inbound, plus value added services, B2B, and operational excellence. You will report to the Head of Global Operations and will be responsible for Site strategy and delivery so you will be required to oversee fulfilment for all customer orders for UK and international destinations by effectively managing the entire site across all THG brands via the relevant teams.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the UK fulfilment operations which will include:
- Ensuring that all staff on site can operate in a safe working environment
- Planning future capacity requirements for both headcount plus inventory for both peak periods and off peak.
- Responsible for continuous improvements in our UK operation which will include further automation and innovation.
- Overseeing operations to ensure fulfilment (inbound and outbound) are all operating at maximum efficiency and quality
- Working together with other Site Leads to ensure optimal distribution of workload across all sites
- To deliver and exceed performance plans as agreed in annual budgets, including Profit & Loss, Operating costs and Stock targets
- To improve site contribution through control of Labour, Packaging and overheads and the delivery of efficiency improvement targets and cost reduction programmes
- Support the development of appropriate systems and procedures to improve and sustain site Quality of service.
- Lead the Operations Team and develop and motivate your direct reports to ensure they achieve their personal goals in line with business objectives
- Manage the daily / weekly / annual PI counts ensuring that they are completed in line with finance and operation schedule
- Ensuring that standards for fulfilment are not just maintained but continually improved and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize output and reduce cycle times.
- Ongoing investment management – ensure that all fixed assets are maintained and preserved and that safety standards are world class.
- Work with technology division and operations team to further develop and effectively improve our warehouse management system
- Identify key members of the team for development, by matching people and opportunities to promote succession planning
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Experience managing operations in an automated fulfilment / e-commerce / FMCG environment
- Good track record managing, leading, motivating and driving large teams
- Ability to make decisions under pressure, solve problems in a calm and efficient manner and to prioritise effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence to articulate clearly and to influence/ challenge key stakeholders within the business.
- You will also need to have a strong commercial awareness, ability to manage finances and balance cost versus quality
- Awareness of Health and Safety Regulations
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques
- Flexibility and ability to work weekends and/or overnight shifts as required
- Experience of P&L with a strong understanding of setting budgets and operational plans