Opening Date: 02/07/2019
Closing Date: 02/08/2019
Salary: £65,000 - £85,000
THG is one of the world's fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international sites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600 technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking. We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting edge systems that help our business' and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
About the Role:
You will manage a team of Software Developers;
- Each team has a team leader that will directly report to you.
- You will conduct monthly one-to-one sessions with each member of your team(s)
- You will indicate opportunities for further development of team leaders and developers.
- You will work with your teams to provide WBS and estimates for projects in the pipeline and will see to it that the WBS is complete and estimated are reasonable.
- You will support your team(s) in advanced programming or setup cases and guide them towards the most efficient, scalable and pragmatic solutions.
You manage individual (sub-) projects, project priorities, deadline and deliverables;
- You work with the WMS process team to clarify requirements from end-users
- You work with Voyager management to make sure that the scope and requirements fit into the long-term Voyager product vision.
- You work with Voyager architects to make sure that the way projects are implemented fit into the long-term architectural vision of the Voyager product.
- The priorities will be set by Voyager management in collaboration with the stakeholders in various Voyager locations.
You will contribute to the long-term success of Voyager and Voyager Software as a Service by:
- Suggest improvements in the Voyager roadmaps and architecture.
- Be an active member of the Voyager leadership team
- Be an active advocate of the product and technical direction that the Voyager leadership team has set out.
- Be an active advocate and see to the implementation of the technology principles that the Voyager leadership has set out.
- Relevant work experience, including hands-on technical management
- Exceptional coding skills, able to design and build a pragmatic solution and work at pace
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical teams.
- Proven track record of developing people, including strong performance management principles
- Experience writing high performing, scalable systems and server-side applications