ABOUT THE ROLE
The automotive sector is undergoing a massive shift in terms of platforms from petrol cars on roads to electric vehicles as part of smart grids, from traditional ownership models to mobility-as-a-service concepts and from individual vehicles to connected swarm-aware fleets. In a highly competitive marketed steered by disruptors, car manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers turn to modern-stack technology providers such as Contentful to help them on this transformative journey.
Today, 4 out of the 5 leading automotive OEMs leverage Contentful for their digital products - for marketing purposes, ownership portals, electric mobility, loyalty programs, e-commerce integrations or in-car information.
The position of the Account Executive - Automotive DACH is a critical role in our EMEA Sales team reporting to the Director of Sales EMEA & Asia and supporting our automotive customers specifically in the DACH region while supporting the global sales organization with expertise, knowledge and process.
As part of the role, you will build close relationships with key stakeholders at existing customers and prospects to identify, develop and close new sales opportunities and grow existing projects.
- Selling the Automotive offer and core value proposition with a focus on DACH car OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers
- Developing and managing accounts through constant and broad positioning of the Contentful product portfolio, while maintaining and sustaining successful ongoing relationships with Key Decision Makers
- Understanding pricing structures and negotiating contracts through to conclusion
- Meeting sales goals, developing account strategy and pipeline, negotiating pricing, discussing sales planning, managing processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals
- Strengthen relationship as a trusted advisor for the various stakeholders of existing and potential customers (OEM HQ, its divisions, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) across multiple levels of organization and external parties in the assigned business segment
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities
- Develop innovative proposals and delivering strategic sales presentation
- Work closely with customer success & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective OEM’s
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer team
- 5 to 8 years of experience selling high tech, software, IaaS, PaaS, cloud, SaaS to the automotive sector is required.
- 5+ years’ experience engaging with senior executives (Chief Digital Officer, Senior Project Owner, General Manager, Director, Senior Manager, Chief Engineer) within large customers and Tier 1 suppliers and/or partners is required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience is required.
- Core understanding of procurement and compliance frameworks such as TISAX is required.
- Candidate should have proven excellence in Strategic Account management, planning and delivery
- Highly energetic, independent, self-motivated, ambitious, goal-oriented, and success driven.
- German at native speaker level, fluent business level English is required
- Strong negotiation, organizational, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 50%)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!