ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer - Demos to showcase what is possible with Contentful, using the latest tech stacks and frameworks. It is primarily an application development role, to build sites and apps that highlight new Contentful features, innovative customer use cases, and integrations with other leading cloud services. You’ll be building apps that our team uses to wow and educate customers like Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Lyft, TUI, Twilio, and more. And, if you already love building software with Contentful, this will give you the chance to take it to the next level.
The demo engineer is a cross-functional role that reports to the Director of Product Marketing, and partners with a project manager who is responsible for the demo from a business perspective. Sales Engineers are the key stakeholders, with close collaboration from Marketing Web Developers, Developer Evangelists, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and others.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to leverage your development skills while becoming an expert in one of Berlin’s fastest growing software startups that is disrupting the CMS industry. And, with our open office culture you can collaborate with any of the teams above as needed — in our café or shared workspaces — to stay connected with the various technical teams at Contentful.
- Build demo applications that show the power and potential of Contentful’s platform
- Manage and evolve the Contentful demo environment and applications which includes:
- work with static (Gatsby, Netlify) and dynamic (React, Next.js) stacks
- use open-source design systems and in-house component libraries
- learn how to define, evolve, and migrate content models to match different use cases and demo scenarios
- build UI extensions to address specific customer needs or integrate with other cloud vendors to demo customer solutions
- Become an expert in Contentful’s platform: APIs, CLI, web app, extensions, etc.
- Learn Contentful best practices like: CMS as Code, Topics and Assemblies, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering, Developer Relations, Solutions Architecture, and Product Marketing to create polished demo sites and apps, which they can share with prospects, customers, and partners
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Design to implement new Contentful features in the demo application
- Collaborate with Marketing Web Developers on building out a shared component library in Storybook
- Learn about our ecosystem of tech partners and the architecture of how Contentful integrates with them (e.g. Netlify, Gatsby, Algolia, Optimizely, Commercetools, Bynder)
- Increase demo productivity (e.g. for Sales Engineers) by reducing the time required to configure new custom demos, finding opportunities for automation, and creating new tools.Help gather market research by testing out similar platforms and features
- Provide insights and code from your projects to our technical writers, so they can write blog posts for other developers across the Contentful ecosystem
- You have prior professional application development experience
- You are focused on frontend engineering, and have some experience with UI design and backend development.
- You are capable of creating application software from scratch, that is fronted by a web or mobile UI that wows prospects and customers
- You have the ability to work independently towards deadlines and a willingness to take ownership of issues
- You have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- You are excited to work in the fast-paced, yet constantly changing, work environment that comes with being in a high-growth software startup
- BONUS POINTS: You can share a link to a project that you’ve built using Contentful
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or similar technical experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written (German is not required)
- BONUS POINTS:
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!