ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance Team is currently looking for an experienced, system-oriented, tech-savvy and future-driven Senior Accountant. In your role, you will be responsible for the consolidation, the inter-company transactions as well as Contentful’s local and international tax returns across our German and American entities to facilitate Contentful’s rapid international expansion.
- You maintain a clear overview over the books and reports of our different legal entities (Germany and USA) and support further international expansion
- You are responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing, consolidation and reporting to internal and external stakeholders and will lead our annual audit, which we do in collaboration with one of the top four audit firms
- We heavily believe in automation and integrations. You create and improve internal processes that help automate and feed into our tools and systems; our system of record is Netsuite and our subscription billing system is Zuora
- You will continuously look for ways to create scalable, automated processes, be they bank reconciliation, inter-company calculations, employee reimbursements, accounts payable or accounts receivable
- You will work on the implementation and improvement of new tools and processes
- You will be the main point of contact to our tax advisory firms across the globe
- You will prepare the monthly VAT reconciliations and VAT returns
- You will set up payment runs for all our legal entities, monitor our liquidity, and set up relevant inter-company transactions
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting or audit
- Experience with accounting in international companies and foreign currencies
- Experience in the consolidation of multiple entities and transfer pricing
- Familiar with the reconciliation of accounts
- Fluent in German and English
- In-depth knowledge of HGB, IFRS and/or US-GAAP is a plus
- Very good knowledge of various German tax topics; US tax knowledge is a plus
- Experience with NetSuite or a similar larger ERP system is a big plus (not only can you operate it, but feel comfortable with troubleshooting)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Enjoy significant exposure to SaaS and subscription-based business models; a unique skillset vital to the thriving, multi-billion-dollar enterprise software market environment
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
"Variety is the spice of life" and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!