Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$600 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 150 countries.
Our team of over 200 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, AlphaCode, Goldman Sachs, M&G, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for a highly proactive technical Recruiter who wants to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. Prodigy Finance can only achieve its goals with the best talent onboard, and the People function is responsible for recruiting and developing its most powerful asset – the team. You will help to recruit across our Tech and Product functions, ensuring we can scale and build a platform that makes it possible for students from more that 150 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
One of our goals is to build one of the top Fintech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential, and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in Fintech, this would be a good fit.
What you will do in the role
You will join our Talent team to help build the Technology and Product functions and power their exponential growth by recruiting the best technical talent.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Support Talent, to directly source a number of key technology hires, negating the need for agencies
- Work with the People team to develop and execute a world class recruitment process ensuring a productive, efficient, and enjoyable internal and external hiring process
- Uphold the tech recruitment process, working closely with the Head of Software Development and Team Leads to source and recruit the best talent. Daily tasks will include running ad campaigns for certain roles, maximising LinkedIn as a tool, sourcing candidates, managing the first filter of applications, initial response communications and assessing for culture fit
- Use online and offline touch points and channels to identify and build a dialogue with the talent ecosystem most relevant to Prodigy Finance
- Maintain the quality of our data capture and IP through Greenhouse, ensuring the data inputted by you is always up-to-date and 100% accurate
- Conduct analysis and desk research; identify target candidate pools and research market landscapes in order to build our talent pipeline
- Execute references and offers for successful candidates
What you need to be great at
- Passion for all things technology-related; you have a genuine interest in the tech space
- Highly organised, ability to multi-task and project manage; can correctly prioritise multiple issues, opportunities and process large amounts of data from disparate sources
- High EQ; can read people, excellent listening skills, asks great questions, motivation to understand the needs and wants of others
- Optimistic, positive outlook, highly likeable, upbeat and energetic. Enjoy building rapport and trust, can foster a sense of open communication
- Bias to action; pragmatic, gets stuff done
- Ability to work autonomously without micro-management and clear direction, in a rapidly changing and often ambiguous environment; possess the self-motivation and inner drive to set and deliver against tight deadlines
- Takes initiative, is goal and achievement orientated and strives for results and excellence
- Takes responsibility for personal actions and frames problems as opportunities
- Startup DNA; resilient, gets things done, 80/20, carpe diem, adaptable to change, huge capacity for hard work in a relentlessly fast-paced environment
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent
- Experience working as a Technical Recruiter either agency or in-house
- Track record of recruiting a range of technical functions and levels
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Ideally you would have experience in both an agency and in-house recruitment capacity
The Prodigy Fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.