We are growing faster than ever! We are influencing more than ever! With an innovative and disruptive e-commerce product, we believe that the time has come to change the way we buy and sell luxury products.
About the role
As a Data Engineer you’ll create and innovate the Vestiaire Collective Data Platform in collaboration with our Technical Leads, BI Engineers and Architects.
What you’ll be doing
- Co-creating and continuously developing the technical architecture of the Vestiaire Collective Data Platform
- Implementing data ingestion strategies for diverse data sources, such as internal databases, third-party sources, user data trackers
- Managing the Data Platform setup on infrastructure side, including managing the Data cloud account, setting up and managing instances, managing computing and storage capacity within budget constraints
- Guiding Data Warehouse developers with their ETL implementations, pointing to optimal technical solutions to data transformation objectives
- Working closely with Data Scientists to ensure smooth and quick implementation of algorithms in production
- Implementing tools for task scheduling, data quality controls, stability monitoring and alerting
- Continuous learning and staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the data technology space in order to keep the team ahead of the curve.
Who you are
- 2+ years of working experience, including work with relational databases, Hadoop, NOSQL and/or cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
- Educational background in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or other engineering fields
- Solid understanding of database concepts and experience with data processing tools (SQL, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Scala - and curiosity to learn others
- Creative approach toward problem solving, passion for exploring new technologies
- Experience with real-time / stream computing technologies is a plus (e.g. Flink, Storm, Spark Streaming)
- You do not need to be micromanaged; to accomplish team and company goals, you can wear multiple hats and pickup new technologies and languages.
- You need to be able to defend your technical choice in English. French is a huge plus.
What we offer
- Permanent contract based in our HQ in Paris
- Technical conferences, meetups to learn more and share more
- PC or Mac of your choice, it’s up to you!
- French/English lessons to upgrade your level
- Attractive salary and bonus scheme
- And…If you move to Paris for us, will take care of your relocation!
If you are ready to join our fast paced company, apply below!
Our team will review your application within the following 4 weeks. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first phone call.