Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
In 2016 we set out with the mission to make effective, evidence-based therapies available to patients who suffer from chronic diseases. As back pain is the number one cause of disability worldwide with over 1 billion affected people, we built our first product, a clinically-proven mind-body therapy app, to help people with back pain.
The role encompasses:
Kaia is currently tackling one of the biggest health problems worldwide by treating chronic pain with evidence-based digital therapeutics. One strategic pillar is the development of deep learning-based technologies such as our motion coach (patent-pending) to increase the therapy effectiveness and objectively assess disease progression with digital biomarkers. As this technology is maturing we are looking for a seasoned product manager to take it from the lab to real life applications. You’ll be operating in a scrum team as a product manager to deliver on concrete objectives. This position reports to the Head of Product and the Head of the AI lab.
Your responsibilities will include:
Defining product strategy:
- Work with senior leadership to define the vision, strategy and roadmap for our AI products
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders from inside the organization to align on business strategy and market opportunities while balancing different needs
- Research and define the needs of our users and partners in a structured way by applying proven user research methodologies and collaborating with our user researcher
Define structured and implementable features:
- Create clear product hypothesis in accordance with product strategy and vision and directly test them with our users
- Brainstorm and create ideal UX flows with our talented designers
- Specify features and write clear user journeys in collaboration with system architects to define and prioritize implementation blocks for engineering
Execute experiments and generate learnings:
- Create and execute rigorous product tests
- Analyze outcomes of product experiments and releases and iteratively improve our products and platforms
- Communicate and market product releases both with internal teams and external partners
You will be the third product manager in our rapidly growing product team. In this role you will have the responsibility over the whole lifecycle of our AI products and ensure their scalability and usability for the years to come.
We are looking for somebody who has:
- Done it before: show us how you have built or shaped a mobile B2B product before
- Proficiency in a PM's stack: Recognizing user needs, analyzing and visualizing data, writing specs & tickets, communicating clearly & listening carefully, creating roadmaps, managing feature releases, motivating and guiding a development team
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical mindset with academic training
- A strong understanding of technical concepts and how modern software is developed
- An eye for detail while keeping the big picture in mind
- Have authorization to work in the US (a must)
Ideally you also have:
- Excellent communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Experience with some of the following tools / methodologies: JIRA, Looker, Confluence, Design Thinking, Customer Discovery, UX Design
- A basic conceptual understanding of machine learning
- Experience in working in a healthcare setting or being exposed to medical regulations
- Initial exposure to software engineering
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is a complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the best possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex, simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Can cope well with the level of ambiguity that is inherent to a growing company
About working here
You can expect a competitive salary, competitively subsidized health insurance plan and a 401k retirement plan. We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development in a great working environment.
You will be an integral member of a highly driven and supportive team, working hard to create a better healthcare experience for millions of patients! We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.
The job is based in New York City but you will have the opportunity to travel to Munich to collaborate with European office.