Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 15M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 185 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re on the hunt for a Group Product Manager to run one of our cross functional product streams with a critical strategic remit, such as growth, marketplace, or fulfilment. As our first Group Product Manager you’ll work closely with our Director of Product and will be accountable for the impact of some of our Product teams. You'll be responsible for line managing the Product Managers of these teams whilst working closely with Engineering, Design, and Data to deliver the best results.
As one of London’s fastest growing tech companies, and an increasingly global business, we need an excellent product person who’s excited to take a meaningful role in shaping our product management organisation as it continues to scale. As someone on the path to leading a product function in their own right, you’ll report directly to the Director of Product, and often represent them both within the product team and across the wider organisation. You’ll be a champion reinforcing the values and quality we expect to build an iconic product, and world class organisation.
Deciding what to build:
- Developing a product strategy that maximises the value you can deliver to the business and our users based on the resources you have at your disposal
- Prioritising the features so that you deliver the highest impact features first, without losing sight of the long term vision
- Basing your decisions in rigorous analysis and a deep understanding of our users and business processes
Owning how we build it:
- Taking responsibility for the team delivering features on time and at quality
- Removing obstacles to the team proactively, and making sure the team functions effectively
- Designing features that are simple, intuitive and beautiful
Keeping everyone aligned and informed:
- Aligning with the leadership team on their priorities and strategic goals
- Keeping all stakeholders informed about team direction and progress
- Motivating the team and giving them the context they need to reach their potential.
- Beginner’s Mindset is one of our core values. We’re a learning organisation, and a group of people that thrive on getting better every day. Your curiosity and thirst for knowledge are more important than what you know already
- Resilience. We’re scaling really fast. The things that we do today won’t work tomorrow. You need to be comfortable with the rate of change we’re going through, and excited by the opportunities that affords
- Great commercial awareness. You think constantly about driving business results, and base your decisions in data, user interviews, and rigorous analysis
- A strong sense of ownership and be highly organised. You create order in the world around you and get huge satisfaction from delivering the highest quality features
- Excellent communication skills. You are logical, articulate, and can work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
Things that would be useful, but are not essential:
- Experience managing other product managers
- A love of fashion, especially if you’ve been a member of the Depop community for some time
- Experience working on marketplaces or in e-commerce
- Experience working on in a mobile first environment or on social products
Now we're talking. We have stylish offices near Old Street (we were founded in Italy after all) and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.