Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven marketplace where over 14M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 150 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we are looking for a passionate individual to lead our Sellers team. Our selling community sits at the heart of Depop. We have a dedicated team who focuses on our seller’s journey and experience, everything from on-boarding new sellers, to the development of new programs to enhance growth. You will also be responsible for driving retention and growth among our most valuable customers by understanding their business needs and helping them succeed as entrepreneurs. You will represent the voice of our highly valuable selling community within Depop and will provide expertise for core product, support and marketing processes.
We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded start-ups in the London tech scene. Sound like your thing?
- Management of Depop’s selling community:Set and execute strategy for managing over 800K sellers on the Depop platform. You will be responsible for driving sellers growth up the funnel, developing some individuals from ‘casual wardrobe’ sellers to bigger businesses, selling hundreds of items on the platform. You will set targets to on board new high potential sellers and small independent brands. You will use information and data to provide regular insights, reporting & presentations on performance of the selling community.
- Drive retention and growth among our most valuable customers:Retention and growth of our Top Sellers is a critical part of the Depop mission. You will oversee account management and development of programs to retain these users. You will also investigate and deliver additional services that drive value for our top performing sellers.
- Advocate the customer to the business:Working directly with our selling community you will have invaluable insight into the needs and pain points of our sellers. You will identify opportunities to improve the seller experience and provide input into product, support and marketing. You will passionately represent the voice of our most valuable customer to drive customer centric and data driven decisions across the business. Education and communications strategy is an important part of the seller journey and you will work closely with content and CRM teams to drive continual improvements to this.
- Lead, develop and coach a team:Recruit, manage, train & develop a growing team of account managers, seller experience managers and acquisition managers, ensuring they have the correct support and resources to succeed in their roles. You will work with the team on long-term goals for their growth, personal wellbeing and help them measure success.
- 6+ years relevant experience, ideally in Customer Success, Account Management, Business Development, Management Consulting or another client-facing role
- Preference of some experience working on a marketplace, supporting supply side of business
- Experienced people manager (team of 5+ FTEs)
- Strong leadership skills
- Impressive executive presence and communication abilities with the ability to influence
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Support, Product, Marketing, Services)
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals
- Comfort in a startup environment, we move quickly and wear many hats in a dynamic environment
Bonus points for:
- Having a fascination with consumer facing mobile-first products
- A love of fashion and understanding of the Depop community
We have stylish offices near Old Street with a relaxed atmosphere and collaborative environment, where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team.
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, cycle to work scheme, finish-early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, gym discount and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.