We are looking for an Entrepreneur Relations Manager to join our Partnerships team in London. We’re enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding, and as an Entrepreneur Relations Manager at Crowdcube, you have the opportunity to shape and take ownership of our portfolio’s post-fundraising experience.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses. Watch this if you don't believe us!
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 750,000 registered investors, and over 800 British businesses successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
What you will be doing:
This is a brand new role so it’s an opportunity to really make your mark. Reporting into our Partnerships Director, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with entrepreneurs and businesses that have funded on Crowdcube. It’s a varied role in which you will act as a conduit between our funded club businesses and teams across Crowdcube, including Partnerships, Sales and Legal, ensuring we create a post-funding experience that aligns with our brand and provides entrepreneurs with the relevant services and support. With the number of clients or accounts growing week on week we expect this function and team to grow over time.
Day to day you will:
- Manage relationships with our portfolio of funded businesses and foster a community to increase education & engagement, drive follow-on investment rounds and referrals through smart and structured account management, at scale.
- Create a strategy to effectively track, nurture, scale and manage founder referrals.
- Create a strategy to effectively track & nurture return raises.
- Collaborate with our communications team to unearth & promote success stories from that community.
- Monitor portfolio performance and maintain knowledge of post-funding business’ market position and broad strategic objectives.
- Provide support to the portfolio companies for their post funding raises and other transactions, by co-ordinating the support and input required from the legal, compliance and communications teams.
- Develop a retention strategy, identifying and tracking business prospects with the sales operations team.
- Qualify referral leads and work with the sales operations team to assign to the business development team
- As appropriate, work with product to specify solutions to solve the roles key requirements.
Ideally you will:
- Have previous sales, account management, marketing, and/or commercial partnership experience
- Have experience of gathering customer feedback and using it to shape and design new processes.
- Demonstrate a real interest in start-ups, entrepreneurship, technology, business and alternative finance.
- A degree or equivalent.
- Have experience of working in a startup or a strong desire to do so.
- Have a natural flair for building relationships taking a customer focused approach, and an ability to source opportunities where others can’t or won’t.
- Are a strong communicator, who negotiates skillfully with both internal and external groups.
- Are data-driven with desire to track and measure results to ensure we continuously improve our processes and offering.
- Be commercially focused and able to prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets.
- Are a self-starter, proactive and well-versed in seeking out answers, keen to invest time into learning the product and understanding business context
- Be hardworking and able to embrace the change that is constant in a fast growth business.
- Work well in a team, you ask for help and are equally generous with your own time to share knowledge with others on the team.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard working, and we take care of our team:
- Competitive package DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Flexible working
- Conferences and training budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £1000 learning and development budget for conferences, training, and courses.
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and bi-monthly company socials.
- Company perks such as juices, fruit, snacks and of course office beers (Or cider)
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more...
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an onsite interview with competency and situational based questions and a task to prepare, and a final interview with a senior manager.
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.