At Infarm we have the opportunity to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow. Our values offer a bit of insight into the culture that helps us work daily towards making this vision a reality. If these values resonate with you, and being part of the urban (r)evolution is something that excites you, you've come to the right place.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
As Operations Manager you directly contribute to the success of infarm's Farming-as-a-Service business model. You will lead the urban farming revolution in London by making sure that our plants are thriving, our farms are shining, our customers are smiling, and our network is expanding. To do this you will build up and manage a highly functional team of Infarmers and will lead key projects to improve harvest performance, sales and productivity. You should have the ability to build strong professional relationships, remaining flexible, resourceful, and striving for constant improvements.
- Build up a highly efficient team of individuals who love what they do
- Lead the infarm team in London, consisting of operations, plant production, logistics, sales and customer care
- Take over the responsibility for the profit & loss statement in your city
- Lead metrics meetings for operational KPI’s and create monthly improvement plans
- Oversee plant production planning, growing, route planning, after sales, customer care and farm activation, providing your team with all the tools and support needed to do their best
- Represent the infarm vision in London and develop relationships with key stakeholders and external partners
- Introduce marketing initiatives to build the infarm brand and community in London, working closely with the Marketing team at infarm headquarters
- Manage mid-term and long-term projects to improve operational and cost efficiencies
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in Operations or general management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related, Master’s is a plus
- Experience in leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience managing budgets and profit and loss
- Focus on delivering the best customer experience
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience in Sales, Public Relations or Marketing is an advantage
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home