ABOUT THE TEAM
The Leadership Team provides Revolut with the vision, the drive, and the direction to continue its rapid growth and development into a major international finance business.
From risk, to finance, to people, the leadership team is our C-suite level grouping that sets the tone and agenda for all areas of the business and is comprised of some of the brightest and most successful people in the business.
WHAT WE NEED
We're looking for a CRO to join our team in Ireland in connection with the EMI Licence we are pursuing there. Reporting directly to Revolut Ireland’s Board of Directors and (having a dotted reporting line to) Head of Risk of Revolut Group, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all risk management activities of the Irish Entity.
We are looking for a hands-on colleague who, while maintaining a helicopter view, would also be happy to spend time on the ground performing e.g. analysis of counter-parties and issuers as well as validating credit scorecards.
This role is a CBI Pre-Approval Controlled Function (PCF).
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- In collaboration with the Group Risk Management function, you will be responsible for the development of the local risk management strategy and risk appetite
- Active monitoring of key risk indicators against prescribed limits
- Approving counter-parties and vendors
- Validating models used by risk owners
- Preparation of risk reports for the regulator and management information
- Localisation of group risk policies and advising the Board on the risk profile and the suitability of the risk management framework
- Overseeing the entity’s insurance mediation activities
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Broad experience in managing risk and compliance issues in a regulated environmentKnowledge of legislation and regulation relating to EMI, Insurance and Banking activities
- Technical background with a strong, independent mind-set ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions within a short period of time
- Proven expertise in the retail credit risk domain, experience with setting up and managing respective first or second line of defence function
- implement and manage the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (“ERMF”) for the Applicant in conjunction with Senior Management;
- at least once per annum, coordinate a comprehensive review of the ERMF as it pertains to the Applicant and on a quarterly basis thereafter (i.e. Risk Assessment Review);
-Maintenance of the Risk Register by actively monitoring that identified risks and agreed controls have been embedded within the business;
- Assist management in identifying and assessing risks associated with the Applicant’s current and proposed future business activities, including new products, new business relationships and any extension of operations or network on an international level
- Work with the Senior Management team and provide independent assurance on the key operational risks of the business, partnering the business to address any identified gaps
- Provide early warning, guidance and advice on upstream and regulatory change, assessing the key implications for the business and contributing to and supporting the implementation strategy
- The CRO will support the business in the development of robust business continuity plans and to provide on-going assurance that these plans are adequate, up to date and are tested
- Follow-up of outstanding risk issues from internal/external audits or reviews and regulator visits/inspection.
- You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now.
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
- Competitive salary
- Free Revolut Premium subscription
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week