We're building a team to help us succeed in our mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. You’ll be joining a group of highly motivated engineers who you’ll work collaboratively with across our Consumer Fleet.
As a fast-growing company with offices around the world, you’ll immediately see how your contributions directly impact the client experience. Many of the problems we are solving result in pioneering solutions, so we’re looking for engineers who flourish working in a complex domain.
How we work
Our Consumer Fleet is split into pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of our product. Your pod will include a product owner, scrum master, back end engineers, iOS developers, and web engineers who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards. We're agile, use continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain our advanced feature rich application for the Android platform
- Write code that directly affects our 2.9 million users and the Bitcoin ecosystem
- Produce robust, well tested code that will give our users the reliability they need
- Build APIs and develop micro services to evolve our architecture
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Write testable, maintainable code for robustness and reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
What’s in it for you
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, languages, continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
Your first 90 days
You will start by flying to Cape Town for two weeks to learn our processes, meet the wider team and start our engineering onboarding program. After getting comfortable with the basics, you'll start learning our idiomatic patterns in a safe, easy-to-follow way - by building your own mobile screen that interact with our API's. You'll get to practice how we do design docs, code reviews, deployments, events, logging and monitoring.
After completing the Toy Screen onboarding program, you'll begin your journey contributing to your pod's success. You'll help plan the next quarter's OKRs and will begin delivering features from our product roadmap. We succeed as a team, so we will provide you with regular feedback from your manager and peers and will encourage you to do the same.
As an expert Android developer, you’ll have:
- Extensive experience building high-quality Android apps
- A deep understanding of the Android framework and relevant Android libraries
- A keen interest in mobile UX/UI design and Material Design
- BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that excellent Android developers have diverse backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our London office has step-free access from the front door to the office. You'll need to hold the legal right to work in the UK already as we cannot provide visa sponsorship.