Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, well we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as it is..
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. We currently have over 2.5 million customers in 40 countries.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital, the Naspers Group.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 26 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell
We’re looking for an exceptional Events & Community Associate to join our Malaysia team, based in Kuala Lumpur. You will be an integral part of a growing organisation that seeks to provide world-class service to our business globally.
How you will add value to Luno
- Organise and run local Luno meet-ups and events, including webinars and training sessions
- Develop and maintain relationships with local influencers and press contacts
- Connect with, and develop strong relationships with top Luno customers
- Contribute towards designing local marketing strategies that focus on localisation and leverage local insights
- Execute local marketing campaigns
- Identify, develop, and manage the creation of content for the market - articles, videos, presentations, demos
- Identify marketing growth areas and experiments, to improve product adoption
The experience you will need
- Successfully completed your bachelor or master studies in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related fields
- At least 1 year’s work experience in building online and offline communities. Exceptional fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- Preferably a basic knowledge of how cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum work, and enthusiasm to promote cryptocurrencies
- Experience in organising events. Experience in Marketing and/or Customer Service will be an added advantage
- The ability to think on your feet and get things done
- Entrepreneurial, strong sense of responsibility and a high level of integrity
- Fluent in oral and written English and Bahasa Malaysia. Fluency in additional languages will be an added advantage
- Solid interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
In the first six months you will
- Deeply understand customer needs, wants and behaviours across diverse groups in Malaysia.
- Develop and implement plans for countrywide events that will grow the cryptocurrency community in Malaysia.
- Build public speaking, communication skills and a reputation for delivering quality.
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills and continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You'll need to hold the legal right to work in Malaysia already as we cannot provide visa sponsorship.