Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system. 🚀
We are looking for an individual who will help drive fraud prevention, detection and research by understanding customer behaviour. With a distinguished track record in building out predictive models using state-of-the-art approaches, you will help determine where we should focus and what type of machine learning capabilities should be developed to proactively manage fraud.
What you’ll do:
- Build, deploy and maintain fraud detection models using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to ensure our fraud prevention strategy is up to date
- Work with cross-functional teams of engineers, product, and operations to design and monitor fraud risk strategies to help mitigate fraud and other security risks as accurately as possible
- Use behavioural analytics to proactively surface patterns, trends, and anomalous behaviours that help minimise the company’s exposure to financial and reputational risk
- Build dashboards to facilitate operational and exploratory analysis of fraud
- Develop, implement and maintain effective risk management programs to align with the business needs
- Identify problems, define solutions, execute plans, measure and communicate results on a regular basis
You'll enjoy this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the natural sciences or technical field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- A strong bias for applied research in exploratory data analysis, anomaly detection, predictive modeling, classification and optimisation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to communicate insights to non-technical audiences
- The ability to work independently, as well as within and across teams
- The drive to successfully complete projects with large and/or incomplete data sets
- Adaptability, resilience, and are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A growth mindset, and eager to learn and expand your skill set
- Enthusiasm to work in the cryptocurrency space
What will set you apart: 🦸🏻🦸🏿♂️
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Professional certification in a data science-related field from a reputable entity
- A strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, statistics, and machine learning
- Experience working in fraud detection and prevention
- Subject matter expertise and experience in using information generated from fraud patterns, data analytics and business knowledge to generate insights and formulate an action plan
What else is in it for you:
Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. This a fantastic opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work towards scaling a global business.
- You'll learn new skills and continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- You’ll work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.