You’ll join a group of highly motivated software engineers who you’ll work collaboratively with across our Consumer Fleet on their mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. As a fast-growing company (we’ve gone from 150 to almost 300 people in 12 months) with offices around the world, you’ll immediately see how your contributions directly impact our 2.9 million customers across the globe.
How we work
Our teams are split into pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of our product. Your pod will include a product owner, back end engineers, Android and iOS developers, and web developers who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards. We're agile, use continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day (our iOS app has a monthly release train).
What you'll do
- You’ll join a pod and contribute to their mission
- You’ll help us build world-class features for our iOS application that is used by millions of users across the world
- You’ll write clean, robust, well tested code
- You’ll take ownership and have full visibility into your pod’s quarterly objectives and annual roadmap
- You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- You’ll lead new feature development and projects
- You’ll help us hire the best iOS engineers and provide mentorship to our existing team
What’s in it for you
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, languages, continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
Your first 90 days
You will start by flying to Cape Town for two weeks to learn our processes, meet the wider team and start our engineering onboarding program. After getting comfortable with the basics, you'll start learning our idiomatic patterns in a safe, easy-to-follow way - by building your own mobile screen that interact with our API's. You'll get to practice how we do design docs, code reviews, deployments, events, logging and monitoring.
After completing the Toy Screen onboarding program, you'll begin your journey contributing to your pod's success. You'll help plan the next quarter's OKRs and will begin delivering features from our product roadmap. We succeed as a team, so we will provide you with regular feedback from your manager and peers and will encourage you to do the same.
As an expert iOS developer, you’ll have:
- Extensive experience building high quality iOS apps
- Be proficient in Swift and Objective-C
- A deep understanding of UIKit and other core iOS frameworks as well as relevant iOS libraries
- A keen interest in mobile UX/UI design and the Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that excellent Android developers have diverse backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our London office has step-free access from the front door to the office. You'll need to hold the legal right to work in the UK already as we cannot provide visa sponsorship.