This is a field-based position - prefer someone to live in the Northeast.
As a Key Account Manager (KAM), you will be responsible for communicating, supporting, and implementing SOPHiA’s mission and strategy to maintain and grow business by leveraging KOL (Key Opinion Leaders) and C-level relationships in targeted accounts. You will work within a team environment in a matrix structure in managing relationships within designated accounts and will drive business results by promoting and selling SOPHiA’s portfolio. To be successful in this role, you will possess:
• Strong Executive presence, communication and influencing skills and able to develop and foster relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Key Decision Makers at target accounts
• Coordinate solution sales in targeted accounts that incorporate entire SOPHiA portfolio
• Be accountable for managing the full sales process for SOPHiA’s product lines within your region.
• Manage and lead the development and implementation of strategic territory plans and sales tactics to attain assigned sales objectives for highly strategic accounts
• Provide professional leadership in planning, organizing, and controlling balanced sales growth, continued account penetration, and customer satisfaction
• Utilize strong product/market knowledge and sales experience to manage complex sales and resolve customer questions and concerns
• Continuously build knowledge of current industry trends, competitive information, and industry/technical knowledge and share with other SOPHiA colleagues
• Communicate with other relevant SOPHiA functions to ensure needed sales support and delivery of programs/products
• Skilled writer and communicator that can vary levels of messaging based on audience.
• Results-oriented, self-starter with demonstrated ability to distill complex issues into concise talking points, position papers, and slides; attention to detail; ability to multi-task; team player, with an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Natural leader and collaborator
• Have a Master’s Degree in Life Science (preferred), Business or equivalent experience.
• Have a minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience in the Diagnostics/Life Sciences industry or highly technical product portfolio sales experience. Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) experience preferred.
• Have experience calling on Key Opinion Leaders, C-suite, and key decision makers in commercial sequencing, research, pharma/biotech, or related industries.
• Have proven success managing large/key accounts.
• Possess strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to navigate complex sales processes and achieve results in highly strategic accounts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills Team worker with enthusiastic attitude and solid work ethic
· Ability to interact with highly skilled scientists on all levels
· Ability to travel approx. 50% of the time
· Have excellent negotiation, contracting, strategic planning, organizational skills and problem-solving skills