ABOUT THE TEAM
The Leadership Team provides Revolut with the vision, the drive, and the direction to continue its rapid growth and development into a major international finance business.
From risk, to finance, to people, the leadership team is our C-suite level grouping that sets the tone and agenda for all areas of the business and is comprised of some of the brightest and most successful people in the business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to join our team in Tokyo . Reporting directly to the Global CCO / CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all risk management activities relating to conduct risk, financial crime risk and policy management as well as supervising head of regulatory compliance and head of financial crime compliance at Revolut Japan.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Implementing the global policies, and localisation of procedures for anti-bribery and corruption, whistleblowing, modern slavery and market abuse
• Working closely with our global Regulatory Compliance function to address any differences in the global policies and procedures and local requirements
• Ensuring risk management processes for anti-bribery and corruption, whistleblowing, modern slavery and market abuse
• Identifying regulatory challenges and changes relating to anti-bribery and corruption, whistleblowing, modern slavery and market abuse to ensure these are addressed/implemented in good time
• Liaising with key internal (e.g. Legal, Risk, MLRO, Regulatory Compliance, etc) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required
• Managing strong reputation for engaging openly, constructively and collaboratively with all market participants
• Maintaining positive feedback from regulators, partners and trade bodies
• Active participation in industry-level events
• Embedding a clear conduct risk taxonomy
• Finalising policies and procedures for all types of conduct risks, with a clear view of the inherent risk, strength of control, residual risk and key risk indicators using real time data
• Automating controls, monitoring of key risk indicators and testing
• Implementing our rolling compliance plan
• Effective governance of conduct risk, this includes regulatory compliance leading/inputting into any debate on conduct risk, ensuring conduct risk management information is effective and ensuring the appropriate decisions are made at the appropriate seniority
• Ensuring conduct risk management is integral to the design of products and customer journey and that the ‘business’ understand the conduct risks they own and ensure they have credible systems and controls for doing so
• Set, lead and manage the culture of risk and compliance across the team in the local business and work with our UK Legal, Risk and Compliance teams to define our risk appetite in the local market
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Proven CCO expertise in retail banking, and experience with setting up a second line of defence function
• Broad experience in managing risk and compliance issues within a regulated business
• Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to EMI, banking or trading activities
• Ability to scale teams
• Technical background with a robust and independent mindset ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 6 million customers in July 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Paid dinners if you work late