ABOUT THE TEAM
Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators.
The Regulatory Compliance team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of finance to risk management. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct risk.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone who can navigate complex product regulations and develop and implement related compliance actions. This position requires partnering with legal and business teams on proposed actions, and coordinating across multiple teams to use technological tools to implement processes and policies to effectuate those actions. There is a significant project management and operations component to this role.
The position is located in Toronto. This person will work with the Head of Operations (Canada), Head of Regulatory Compliance (Canada) and with the Compliance team at Revolut’s London headquarters.
What you'll be doing:
● Assess and advise Revolut business partners on a broad range of compliance matters, including anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, sanctions, securities, data privacy/cyber-security, conflicts of interest and other regulatory inquiries
● Develop and implement policies and procedures to mitigate compliance risk
● Conduct risk assessments and internal investigations
● Assist in executing training and communication plans to ensure consistent application of compliance policies
● Work with the engineering and operations resources to create robust compliance and control systems
● Manage all aspects of an AML Program, including the testing, audit and continuous improvement of our policies and procedures
WHAT YOU NEED
● 3+ years experience in a similar position (regulatory compliance experience is a must)
● Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once, and meet tight deadlines
● Experience with internal investigations, and policy creation and implementation
● Deep knowledge of Securities regulations
● Excellent academic credentials
● Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
● Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of various internal teams, outside counsel, and regulators
● A multi-tasker with close attention to detail
● Able to demonstrate sound judgment
● A deep understanding of the regulatory environment in Canada, specifically of:
- Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act
- FINTRAC guidance for MSB
- Bank Act
- Privacy Regulations
● Ability to interact with FINTRAC, OSFI and Provincial Securities Regulators. Ideally you can demonstrate experience in doing so
● Fluency in French is an asset
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Health & Dental coverage
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners