We are looking for a talented Contract Senior Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions. We are building solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
How? By bringing together smart technology, data and people into a single solution. We are building tools that fight financial crime today to prevent a riskier tomorrow.
Since launching in 2014 we have been on a mission to fight financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $35m in funding, opened offices in New York, Singapore and Romania, and have grown to over 200 employees, and we're not stopping there!
We aim to grow to over 500 employees in the next 18 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime, and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 450 customers across 45 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission, building our platform around AI, Machine Learning and Big Data, meaning that our platform is unrivaled in it's capabilities.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team- We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen- We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results- We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none- Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor
We are looking for an expert contract engineer to join our Transaction Monitoring team. You’ll have experience developing systems at scale and handling large volumes of data.
- You will be responsible for working with the engineering and product teams to design, implement and support features and components for our transaction monitoring platform.
- You will be responsible in developing various REST framework services handling large volumes of data.
- You will work with databases at scale and provide solutions as appropriate
- You will effectively communicate the relevant updates and queries with designers, the product team and other development teams on the project
- You will understand, extend and modify complex logic with many technical dependencies and consequences.
- You will potentially supervise other developers on the team
What does success look like after 3 months?
- You have helped refactor and migrate existing complex application to better defined services and components.
- You have implemented the best practises around software delivery to the team and own Infrastructure needs.
- You have implemented features related to enhanced screening rules, entity resolution, multi-tenant security and other roadmap features.
- You have made several high-quality, tested contributions to the code-base that are in use by clients on production environments.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- You have extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimisation strategies
- You are open to contracting work and have showcased ability to hit the ground running in fast paced environments
- You’ll be a solid programmer with experience in a mainstream language, ideally Python
- You have worked with data processing technologies, such as (but not limited to!) MapReduce, Spark e.g. XML/JSON parsers
- You will have experience working on software systems at scale with large amounts of complex data
- Most likely minimum degree-level education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant