ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful is looking for a Berlin-based Solution Architect to join its Customer Success Department. This role will provide consultation and advice to our prospects and customers and is instrumental in helping them achieve their technical and business objectives with Contentful. The ideal candidate is an experienced technologist with great interpersonal skills and an insatiable drive to learn.
Contentful’s Solution Architects are principally outwards-facing. They have credibility with technologists and developers of all levels and are effective liaisons with all kinds of customer stakeholders (developers, content creators, marketing, business development). As a Solution Architect at Contentful, you’ll have the opportunity to work with teams all over EMEA, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies. Your technical guidance, strategic advice and product expertise will help them make the right decisions and achieve success with their projects. A reasonable expectation for travel to on-site visits would be roughly 25% of the time.
Within Contentful, you will work very closely with the Customer Success Managers and Solution Delivery Managers of your accounts. You will be prescribing the best architectural approach and collaborating with account team to provide the right implementation plan for the customer.
The insights gained during your work with customers will enable you to provide valuable input to our Product Management and Engineering departments. Your first hand accounts of how customers interact with our product, tempered by your experience, will provide crucial real world context for our teams building efforts.
Your domain expertise will also enable you to provide industry thought leadership on the topics of content structuring, microservices architectures, and content deployment and delivery best-practices. You’ll share this knowledge via blogs, writing whitepapers, leading training workshops, or speaking at conferences.
- Working closely with Customer Success Managers, help customers successfully implement and launch their projects with Contentful
- Provide ongoing consultation and advice to customers about Contentful’s features and architectural design best-practices, thereby aiding their projects’ long-term success
- Develop and deliver workshops and services to customers using Contentful to support them in achieving their technical and business objectives
- Provide thought leadership on API-first & headless as the right approach for the management and delivery of content in today's multi-channel world
- Synthesize and communicate industry insights and customer feedback to our Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in Lead Engineering or Consulting positions for a developer-focused/technical SaaS company
- Hands-on experience with programming in several of the following languages: Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, and Python
- Proven experience with current web technologies (JS frameworks, static site generators, REST APIs, GraphQL, CMSs, CDNs, etc.) and mobile development (iOS, Android)
- Preferred: Experience with database design and migration paths, and with content management systems and content architecture
- Recent professional web development experience is preferred
- Passion for digital transformation
- Demonstrated exceptional customer skills from previous employment, strong empathy for customers and customer success
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, and confidence conveying knowledge to a highly experienced technical audience
- German language fluency a plus, but not required
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!