We are looking for a UI Engineer to join the Organizational Growth Group here at Contentful. This role is perfect for candidates who are interested in bridging the gap between traditional boundaries of development and design, determining design patterns and systems in service of maintaining and growing a sophisticated stateful single page application. This means you will play an important part in shaping the UX of features as well as writing React.js code to implement components as part of our public design system -Forma 36.
- Contribute to the maintenance and evolution of Contentful's design system and component library - Forma 36 built on React, Typescript and Lerna
- Think in terms of components and systems while considering the holistic user experience
- Practice customer-centric product development by collaborating with our data & user research team
- Help build the next generation of Contentful web applications leveraging UI frameworks such as React
The Organizational Growth Group focuses on building and shipping features related to how developers and practitioners onboard and become successful in their projects with Contentful. This casts a wide net over our web application but to give you a more focused idea, here are a few examples of the types of projects we work on:
- Create a fantastic organizational experience for enterprise level users of Contentful tackling complex problems such as how to sensibly manage team roles and permissions at scale
- Shipping powerful and complex features, like SSO authentication, for our largest customers
- Testing and shipping new features improving how we onboard developers to Contentful, either through our Web Application or Node.jsCLI
- Improving our customers' ability to experiment with Contentful offerings in a friction-less manner through support for proof of concept space
- Evidence of crafting functional yet delightful interfaces, taking ownership of aesthetics and details
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices and guidelines
- Evidence of experience working with design systems, and the ability to work in a structured & repeatable fashion
- An iterative and playful approach to prototyping
- Excellent communication skills in English- the ability to maintain empathy and communicate clearly in an office with people from all over the globe.
- Demonstrated expertise of HTML and CSS development including layout, specificity, browser compatibility, animation, accessibility, and semantic markup
- Experience working with React, and bonus if you are familiar with Typescript as well
- Familiarity with (some or all of) the tool-sets and libraries we use in our stack: Babel, Webpack, Storybook, Jest, Enzyme, Emotion, Lerna, Gatsby
- Understanding of the critical rendering path and how to optimize web browser performance
- Examples of previous work are a bonus (does not have to be a portfolio)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!