At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich & Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £70m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We have big ambitions for growth which means Paid Search, as a major volume driver, plays a central role in our business. We're looking for a PPC Executive to help support the sustained growth and optimisation of our Paid Search activity. This will include helping with day-to-day optimisation of campaigns, analysing data, running tests, collaborating on projects and identifying opportunities to improve and scale performance.
The successful candidate will be hungry to learn and will thrive working in a fast-paced client-side environment. We want a superstar, and in return we’ll offer you a friendly environment that is genuinely data-focused and on top of cutting-edge trends in the market. This is an exciting role with great opportunities for progression within the PPC team, as well as providing experience that will be valuable in broader analytical, trading and business intelligence fields.
As PPC Executive your duties will include:
- Supporting the PPC Managers to ensure all paid search activity falls in line with the larger search marketing and digital marketing strategy.
- Overseeing existing campaigns and making recommendations on how to optimise them.
- Keyword research and keeping up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Analyse activity and performance of all paid search campaigns and report findings back to the PPC Managers.
- Making creative suggestions for advert templates and running continuous ad copy testing.
Working closely with our Google and Bing account managers to ensure we’re constantly testing new betas and are at the forefront of Paid Search.
Required skills and experience:
- Smart, analytical mindset and passion for digital marketing
- 1-2 years experience in PPC or digital marketing
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides.
- Excellent writing proficiency and content creation skills.
- Highly motivated and constantly looking for ways to improve.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Degree level education or equivalent / relevant work experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Google Ads certification.
- SQL knowledge (extra brownie points!).
- German and/or Spanish language skills.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry.
You’re proactive, numerate and analytical; constantly curious with an eye on always making things better. You should enjoy getting stuck into the detail - there’ll be lots of things to get on with, so skills in prioritising and having a diligent, positive attitude will get you far. You’re keen to become a trailblazer and relish the idea of refining and further developing established best practices.
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas eve off
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).