At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by Daimler and some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £75m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge. We're not all petrolheads, we're just relentlessly driven and passionate about creating the best car buying experience for consumers.
Reporting to the CEO and founder, we are hiring for a Chief of Staff. This is a role that will give full insight into the inner workings of an international scale-up, and will be a great learning experience for someone looking to start their own business, become a CEO or go on to a senior leadership position.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to improve the overall workings of the company, align people with the strategy of the company, improve how the Exec & Leadership operate, and work with the CEO on special projects.
- Develop, implement, and manage internal processes to improve the overall workings of the organisation
- Working closely on creating a process to drive internal alignment to the strategy and tracking progress
- Partnering with the business to help driving the annual strategic planning process to define ambition levels and set priorities
- Support the CEO’s internal and external communications, e.g. on internal decks
- Assemble dashboards and analysis to track company-wide goals and progress
- Assess inquiries directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate team member
- Work closely with the CEO on the agenda and actions for the Exec and Leadership meetings
- Ensure clear action items from Exec and Leadership meetings are captured and communicated with the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure participants are prepared for Exec and Leadership meetings, including advance distribution of discussion documents
- Plan and coordinate weekly, monthly and quarterly planning processes as required
- Work with the CEO’s Exec Assistant to make sure he is allowing time to spend on the right priorities
- Provide internal 'strategy consulting' support to the company
- Lead strategic projects (including exploration of strategic initiatives)
- Drive agenda and execution of weekly Leadership meetings, company all-hands meetings and leadership offsite
- Lead special projects (e.g. investigation of opportunities)
- Research and investigate M&A and JV opportunities
- Provide interim leadership of teams, where it lacks
First 6 months objectives, working with CEO, Execs and others senior Leaders to:
- Assess current processes for company-wide goal-setting/OKR and implement improvements, with plans created for future cycles (e.g. reviews, planning sessions etc..)
- Create and implement yearly business cycle (e.g., Exec meetings, offsites etc..)
- Create monthly overview company metric tracking with commentary, for sharing with Leadership team
- Improve weekly Exec meetings & efficiency
- Improve monthly Leadership meeting agendas & efficiency
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Xmas eve off
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).