What’s the role all about?
Cleo's an AI assistant that helps over 1,500,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money. She is a fun and engaging personality that talks to you like a real person to help; track spending, set budgeting goals, auto saving money, helping avoid overdraft charges and a whole lot more. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla
We're looking for great software engineers to help us deliver product at scale. You will work within a forward-thinking, fun and diverse backend team which is growing fast
What you’ll be doing:
Projects are undertaken over weekly sprints with sprint goals aligned to overall quarterly targets. Some of the projects you could work on include:
- Machine learning; we have a wealth of user transaction data that we are leveraging, using ML techniques, to provide better insights
- Scaling to 10 million users; we need to ensure that our tech stack can support our ambitious growth targets over the next 12 months. We are working on optimising our rails application for performance and memory usage, and scaling our database
- Product; working on an intelligent assistant used by hundreds of thousands of people offers unusual challenges and opportunities compared to your standard web application. We’re constantly iterating based on user feedback to provide the best experience to our users
Our Tech Stack:
- Ruby on Rails
What do we look for?
- Ruby skills, ideally with some project experience already
- You can reduce complex problems to simple solutions consistently
- You enjoy making those around you better engineers
- You are excited by what we're building at Cleo; you are product-focused and care about making our users’ lives better
How long will all this take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Quick phone call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Short take home challenge
- Onsite interview
- Discuss your take home test
- Do a pair programming session with our engineering team
- Meet the leadership team
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone