is a SaaS technology company on a mission to keep the world's most sensitive data and systems private and secure, backed by some of world's top VCs, including Sequoia, Accel and Balderton.
With offices in London and the US, we're rapidly growing our team to meet the huge market demand for Human Layer Security. We're a diverse team of engineers, salespeople, data scientists, marketers and more focused on protecting individuals and organisations against human error through machine learning and natural language technology.
We'd love to hear from you.
Sales Development at Tessian
Having found exceptional product-market fit for our category-defining Human Layer Security software platform, we’re in the midst of transitioning from 'start-up' to ‘scale-up’, and looking for a Sales Development Manager to develop a culture of brilliance.
Funded by VCs such as Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners, we’re building out our commercial presence in new markets and geographies and are looking for passionate entrepreneurs, builders and straight up hustlers to help us build something special.
You’ll be an inspiring sales leader, ready to lead and grow our landing team of Sales Development Reps, whilst building the initial infrastructure and brilliant culture we’ll need to develop to compete for talent and customers for years to come.
We are now building a team out in San Francisco, and this is an opportunity to shape the processes and leadership in the new office as we continue our rapid expansion.
This opportunity will serve as an inflection point in your career, accelerating your development, responsibilities and achievements at a rapid pace. We don’t pretend that it’ll be easy - joining a company and embarking on the scale-up phase is an amazing challenge, pushing well beyond the boundaries of natural growth cycles. You’ll move quicker than feels comfortable, and be brilliant at continually re-prioritizing what must get done to keep Tessian growing year over year at the pace of the fastest growing SaaS companies in history.
Please note: we are unable to offer US Visa sponsorship
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Build a developmental sales and office culture that you’re proud of, and that our employees tell their friends about
- Hire and develop a sales development team that aim for excellence in everything they do, aiming towards a career in SaaS sales
- Build, manage and draw data-driven insight from your team’s top of funnel pipeline creation
- Use this insight to iterate and improve funnel conversion and team effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally with our partners in marketing, product, finance and recruiting to lead and/or support different strategic initiatives
- Be a vocal evangelist and thought leader in the markets where we serve our customers and continue to recruit our talented teams
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Is an exceptionally inspiring leader that people love to follow
- Takes a player-coach approach to teaching the fundamentals of not just sales development, but professional development for aspiring sales reps
- Has a strong track record of success in their own-right as a sales rep before transitioning into a leadership capacity
- Has 1-3 years of sales management experience
- Thinks differently and knows when to follow a playbook that’s served them well and when to innovate and create something completely new
- Loves to spend time analysing the data, looking for trends and ‘aha!’ moments
- Incredible communication skills - we’re a globally dispersed team and need to stay connected
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleague, and have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to start up an entirely new subsidiary of a fast-growth, Sequoia-&-Accel-backed technology company
- Great startup culture
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid holiday leave a year (15 days of paid vacation plus 10 paid federal holiday days)
- Free healthcare, vision & dental insurance! We offer three tiers of plans, with the lowest tier of Aetna health insurance 100% paid for by Tessian (no employee contribution required), with a $0 in-network deductible and 0% co-pay on the majority of in-network treatments
- Company contributions are made towards your 401k
- You’ll get a high quality MacOS tech kit to work on
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- Free office snacks & coffee
- Monthly subsidy towards a discounted gym membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Parents and carers are guaranteed one day per week of work-from-home, and we'll give you an extra day of annual leave to take your child to their first day of kindergarten and elementary school
- Generous enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
- If you’re coming from far away, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the global company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move. Please note however that we are unable to sponsor US visas.