is a SaaS technology company on a mission to keep the world's most sensitive data and systems private and secure, backed by some of world's top VCs, including Sequoia, Accel and Balderton.
With offices in London and the US, we're rapidly growing our team to meet the huge market demand for Human Layer Security. We're a diverse team of engineers, salespeople, data scientists, marketers and more focused on protecting individuals and organisations against human error through machine learning and natural language technology.
We'd love to hear from you.
Sales Development at Tessian
Tessian grew by over 400% in 2018, and we aspire to do that again in the next 12 months. Our commercial team deals with every aspect of the client journey: making initial contact to start the conversation, closing deals, and making sure that every one of our clients has a fantastic experience and gets the maximum benefit from our platform.
Sales Development is the art and science of making something from nothing by reaching out to a prospect. Most of our clients started their journey with Tessian following outreach that sparked a conversation -- first this outreach was conducted by our founders, then our Business Development team and now by our purpose-built Sales Development teams.
As a Sales Development Representative, you'll be running your own outbound selling process: prospecting, developing, and qualifying prospects to build pipeline for our future growth. You’ll be researching accounts and leads, sparking new relationships, and convincing new prospects to explore our product offering. You’ll spend the majority of your time connecting with prospects on the phone, via email and through social media. You'll be expected to consistently meet and exceed monthly targets, and we will help guide you to think strategically through the outreach process and share expert guidance and coaching to develop your commercial skills.
You will work closely with, and learn from, a team of people who have consistently scaled one of Europe's fastest growing startups, closing deals with the largest and most prestigious organisations in the world, while still in their 20s. We know that you can achieve great things early in your career, so we take a meritocratic approach to progression. Our expectation is that SDRs will move into Manager roles, or progress into closing deals as Account Executives at the 18 month stage of their career, with ultra-high achievers given the opportunity at 12, or even 6 months.
As a team of highly motivated and intelligent people, we have a strong belief that we require the brightest and most enthusiastic people to help us realise these goals. If you have a background of exceptional achievement in any field and can show that you are committed to succeeding in your career at a hyper growth technology start-up, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note: we are unable to offer Visa sponsorship for this role
The application process:
- The Tessian team internally reviews CVs
- You’ll have a quick call with a member of the team
- You’ll complete a short written exercise
- We’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview (c. 60 minutes) and tour at our London office(If required)
- We’ll do quick follow-up calls with team members that were unable to make the face-to-face interview
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has the passion and determination to succeed in a commercial career
- Can demonstrate examples of a desire to succeed in fields they are passionate about
- Demonstrates diversity of thought and curiosity
- Has first-rate verbal and written communication skills
- Isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and reach out to new peopleIs results-oriented and committed to achieving goals
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleague, and have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to start up an entirely new subsidiary of a fast-growth, Sequoia-&-Accel-backed technology company
- Great startup culture
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid holiday leave a year (15 days of paid vacation plus 10 paid federal holiday days)
- Free healthcare, vision & dental insurance! We offer three tiers of plans, with the lowest tier of Aetna health insurance 100% paid for by Tessian (no employee contribution required), with a $0 in-network deductible and 0% co-pay on the majority of in-network treatments
- Company contributions are made towards your 401k
- You’ll get a high quality MacOS tech kit to work on
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- Free office snacks & coffee
- Monthly subsidy towards a discounted gym membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Parents and carers are guaranteed one day per week of work-from-home, and we'll give you an extra day of annual leave to take your child to their first day of kindergarten and elementary school
- Generous enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
- If you’re coming from far away, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the global company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move. Please note however that we are unable to sponsor US visas.