ABOUT THE TEAM
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day. The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
WHAT WE NEED
We’re looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic paralegal to join our growing Legal team at Revolut’s New York office. The role provides an excellent opportunity to understand Revolut’s business processes, enhance your legal skills and make a significant impact in one of the world’s fastest-growing fintech companies. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and multicultural environment.
Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting, and fast -paced. In this role, you will work directly with the business and third parties, and provide day-to-day and strategic advice on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Supporting Revolut’s legal team in a variety of tasks ranging from regulatory filings, corporate governance, investor relations, business development and more
• Alongside our other paralegals, leading document management and other administrative tasks for the legal team
• Working closely with the Head of Legal on investor relations, employment and general corporate governance issues
• Supporting our product teams within Revolut, including as part of new product initiatives
• Reviewing commercial agreements including NDAs, affiliate agreements and third-party agreements in relation to Revolut’s newest products and services
• Supporting Revolut’s international expansion teams and helping them to launch and grow in new markets
• Capturing know-how and assisting with knowledge sharing
• Putting in place and actively seeking new scalable processes to support the legal team
• Assisting with drafting, planning and/or implementing compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters across different business units
• Managing operational risk, including regulatory filings and registration preparation
WHAT SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
• A solid Law Degree
• Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
• Very good at communicating with a strong attention to detail
• Strong motivation to work in a fast-paced environment. Enthusiasm and willingness to roll up sleeves, learn fast, and take responsibility
• Comfortable managing large amounts of documents, as well as seeking out new technological solutions to make the legal team’s processes and functions more efficient
• High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
• Excellent organisational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Experience providing strong client-service and customer orientation and strengths in forming good working relationships
• Additional language abilities
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
• Ideally 12 months availability
A LITTLE ABOUT US
• We believe there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways
• Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
• We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
• And we’re only just getting started.
• Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits and an incredible longing for a strong corporate culture.
• You can work autonomously and take ownership - you know how to prioritize the priorities, are organized and know how to effectively manage your tasks and time.
• You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
• You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
• You share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary & benefits, including a 401k plan, commencing your first day
• Extensive PTO, including a free day for your birthday
• Biannual equity bonuses
• Budget for personal developmental opportunities
• Robust employee referral program
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Paid dinners