Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 15M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 170 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Depop’s Insights team sits at the heart of our business. As a fashion marketplace with millions of monthly active users and 500,000+ daily sales, we have a lot of data at our fingertips. Right now, we are looking for a strong Senior Commercial Analyst to become an integral member of our Insights team and support Depop’s ambitious growth plans. You will be a driver for growth initiatives and help teams across the business make better-informed, insight-led decisions.
You will also take charge of a number of internal reporting tools and ensure that we are measuring and reporting on the right metrics in an accurate and timely manner. We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded start-ups in the London tech scene. Sound like your thing?
- Take ownership of key data projects: you will work with multidisciplinary teams to deliver insights around a variety of opportunities and challenges to help grow the business. As a senior analyst you will be expected to own your projects end-to-end, from identifying and analysing relevant data, to extracting actionable insights, to formulating and communicating commercially-minded recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Make sure the business knows the numbers: you will take ownership of a number of reporting tools and ensure we have the setup in place to track the right metrics. You will own the design, development, and maintenance of dashboards that allow our teams to act from a highly informed position.
- Champion a data-driven culture: you will support your team and the Head of Insights in championing insight-driven decision-making in the business that always puts the user first. You will coach colleagues and more junior analysts on all things data and push them to always consider impact on the user.
- Manage our data pipeline: you will work with the data team to ensure that the data is consistently accurate, reliable and up-to-date end to end - from collection to consumption.
- Significant experience in a strategy, data analytics or related role, with a proven ability to own insights projects end-to-end and deliver results in a high performing, data-driven team.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and the ability to work with large datasets.
- An analytical mind, good problem-solving skills, a love of numbers, and a strong grasp of commercial growth levers.
- Familiarity with best-in-class BI and reporting tools like Looker, Chartio, Tableau, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc..
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams where necessary and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex problems and analysis simply and effectively with a variety of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical).
- A hunger to learn, natural curiosity, a keen eye for detail and a highly organised nature.
- A strong sense of ownership, a proactive attitude to drive impact.
- A keen interest and willingness to coach and develop more junior analysts and other colleagues.
Bonus points for:
- Having a fascination with consumer facing mobile-first products
- A love of fashion and understanding of the Depop community
- Experience working on a marketplace, in a mobile first environment or on social products
- Understanding of Python and some command over ETL scripts
We have stylish offices near Old Street with a relaxed atmosphere and collaborative environment, where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team.
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, cycle to work scheme, finish-early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, gym discount and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.