ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. It works across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is on safe footing. People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives, from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support.
If you want to gain priceless experience and exposure in one of the fastest-growing scaleups in Europe, helping to make Revolut safer for our customers, employees and shareholders, then apply to join our Risk department today.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Operational Risk Management works with business representatives across all parts of the company and have an exciting opportunity to see the whole picture and help everywhere. Today we dig into Revolut app technology, tomorrow into treasury and finance and next week into customer support helping assessing risks and developing new controls, checking effectiveness of existing controls, investigating KRI breaches and registered risk incidents. We are a small team, so you will not miss anything and your contribution will be very visible.
What you'll be doing:
• Lead a team of Operational Risk Managers covering world-wide operations of Revolut
• Continue improving operational risk management framework
• Work with the first line of defence to identify, assess, document and regularly review operational risks
• Coach the business to design and implement controls
• Assist with developing key risk indicatorsMonitor operational risks against limits, produce respective reports
• Take ownership of the risk incident management process including registration of risk events, managing and delivering risk incident reports
• Coordinate vendor approval and product approval processes
• Conduct presentations and workshops in risk identification and mitigation
• Partnering with Risk Technology team to automate processes
WHAT YOU'LL NEED 📖
• At least 10 years of work experience in Operational Risk Management in a banking environment of which at least 3 years in a leadership role (preferably in a global firm with centralised risk governance of subsidiaries).
• Strong interpersonal skills
• You will have a curious nature – never accepting of assumptions and a desire to fully understand how things work
• Organised and methodological
• A solid track record of achievement: you have quickly assumed responsibilities or have won competition awards (can be any of academic, professional, and/or sport)
• 2:1 degree from a top university
• You have flawless English
• SQL - have the ability to use SQL to search the database
• Excel – have the ability to use Excel to drive analysis
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year