We want to make it easy for anyone to find the fashion they're looking for, whatever their style. We’re doing this by building a truly global fashion search platform.
As a Senior Product Designer at Lyst, you’ll own and drive the entire design process from its earliest stages through to shipping and iterating on a feature. Alongside product managers, user researchers and engineers, you’ll ensure that every product decision we make builds value for both our business and our users.
Lyst is the largest fashion search platform in the world. In the last year, over 80 million shoppers used the platform, which in the last twelve months launched localised experiences in 14 countries including France, Germany, Russia and Japan. Lyst brings together an unparalleled inventory of 5 million products from 12,000 partners ranging from Gap to Gucci.
Established in 2010 and with a team of around 140 engineers, product designers, product managers, marketeers, stylists and more, we are serving both our customers as well as our brand partners with every feature we build. This requires both commercial sensitivity as well as user-centred thinking, and means there are plenty of complex and exciting design and research challenges to solve.
Recently, we’ve been working on:
- More powerful tools for searching a massive inventory. We have millions of fashion items on Lyst, so how do we blend design and data science to only show what's relevant?
- Smarter ways to learn about our customers' preferences, and more useful ways to filter results. How can we build something that gets better every time you use it?
- New ways of inspiring our customers - how can we help everyone discover and access the world’s fashion?
Team and Role
You will join our growing team of product designers, and work primarily with one of our many cross-functional product teams. Over time, you’ll get to work on many areas of Lyst’s product surface, solving design problems on behalf of our customers and brand partners.
Specifically, you will:
- Design effective and delightful experiences that solve a real user problem and create value for the business
- Accompany every feature and product you work on from idea through to launch and iteration - you’ll own all stages of the design process
- Work in close collaboration with user research to understand user problems, validate hypotheses and iterate
- Help us improve as a team and company. You’ll contribute to an inclusive and positive working environment for everyone, ensure we leverage design effectively, interview potential new team members, introduce new practices, mentor others, and help us build a more user-centred culture.
What matters most to us is your expertise, mindset and what makes you, you - rather than a particular career path or background. The below is to give you a sense of what we’re generally looking for. Please do consider applying even if you feel that not all of these apply to you - if we can help you improve and grow in some of these areas, all the better!
- Experience working as a product designer in an in-house environment - ideally you will have worked in close collaboration with user researchers, product managers and engineers and know how to bring out the best in all of them
- Commercial pragmatism - you’ll have a keen interest in how the business works, and will be able to translate this into your own decision-making
- Thoughtful approach to design - your decisions will be based around a deep understanding of the problem to solve
- A flexible way of working and a broad toolkit - you’ll be autonomous and able to adjust your process to suit the project
- Great listening and communication skills - you’ll be able to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to colleagues at all levels of the business
Closing Date for Applications: 8th September 2019