is a SaaS technology company on a mission to keep the world's most sensitive data and systems private and secure, backed by some of world's top VCs, including Sequoia, Accel and Balderton.
With offices in London and the US, we're rapidly growing our team to meet the huge market demand for Human Layer Security. We're a diverse team of engineers, salespeople, data scientists, marketers and more focused on protecting individuals and organisations against human error through machine learning and natural language technology.
We'd love to hear from you.
The Legal Team at Tessian
We’re looking for a lawyer to join our Legal and Compliance team here at Tessian!
The Legal Team at Tessian is fundamental to the growth of the business and in ensuring that we consistently maintain the business’s integrity. Tessian is growing rapidly and at this exciting stage of our growth this role will involve a varied and interesting workload, including IP, data protection, employment and general commercial law matters.
You will report to the Head of Legal and Compliance and work closely with internal and external stakeholders.
Every day is different in the Legal Team! You'll be a motivated and detail oriented individual, ready and willing to get involved in all areas of the business and it's ever changing projects.
As a commercially minded, diligent individual, you'll have a great opportunity to help shape Legal and Compliance at Tessian, particularly with the new and exciting challenges we have ahead after our recent Series B fundraise with Sequoia.
As our Legal Counsel, you'll get to:
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of agreements, contracts and other legal documentation (including - but by no means limited to - commercial contracts, non-disclosure agreements, & marketing agreements)
- Respond to legal requests from all areas of the business
- Communicate and advise on legal concepts
- Develop in house standard templates and policies
- Work closely and advising internal stakeholders on risk-related matters
- Liaise with external counsel, where applicable, on projects from fundraising to IP to employment law
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has a couple of years of post qualification experience and a passion for legal
- Has a specific interest in technology
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Is comfortable working autonomously in a fast paced environment
- Possesses very strong organisational skills and is proactive, inquisitive and detailed oriented
- Ideally has some experience with Intellectual Property experience and Data Protection - if you do, please do tell us about this in the 'Additional Information' section
Why we think you'll love it here
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move