THG is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We have over a decade of building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, across over 140 markets. We specialise in creating brilliant digital brand experiences and we aim to be the World's leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK's leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and we currently have over 16 million customers worldwide.
We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast as you might think is possible. That's how the company operates, and it is part of the DNA that has led to our incredible growth. We have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers - our people are unquestionably our strength. Wherever in the world they are, whatever their role, we encourage our people to share the smart thinking, and give them the support to see their ideas made real. We have built an environment that empowers our people to achieve their full potential, creating innovative digital experiences that deliver results.
As part of our hyper growth we seek to hire and develop well-rounded, commercially astute, ambitious people that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and drive us forward.
About the division
About the Technology @ THG
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
The Data centre Operations Manager is responsible for the operation, monitoring, support and upgrading of physical data centre conditions. Your duties will include working with our HVAC systems, UPS, Generators, Electrical distribution, control systems & monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and identify repair requirements of our various data centre systems liaising with our maintenance team & 3rd party contractors to make the required repairs. You will have strong documentation skills and a keen eye for detail.
You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and acting quickly in emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data centre performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures. You will also lead end-to-end on remote data centre deployments by securing new racks through to providing the deployment team with rack elevations that can be followed, these deployments will be both UK and European based.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in data centre systems areas including Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control.
- Liaise with in house & 3rd party contractors to arrange scheduled servicing of data centre systems
- Identify possible improvements to current systems
- Maintain documentation
- Lead maintenance team on larger projects.
- Capacity management of both local & EU based Data centres.
- Negotiate contract renewals with 3rd party contractors
- Negotiate expansion in remote data centres
- Uphold ISO27001 & ISO9001 certification of our owned data centre
- Liaise with hardware vendors to provide quotes for server & network hardware
- Lead both Maintenance and Engineering team and Data centre Operations team.
- Work with central teams to assist expansion of our global e-commerce platform across multiple sites.
- A high standard of written English
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-motivating/Able to work alone
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on systems.
- Solid understanding of the various systems that make up a data centre (Power, HVAC & Generators)
- Technical documentation experience
- Understanding of server and network hardware
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise
- Experience in managing a 24x7x365 environment
Please note that this role requires both desk work and active work (Working at Height).