THG is one of the world's leading online beauty and wellbeing retailers, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, ESPA, GlossyBox, and Myprotein; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity. Our 4,500-plus employees represent 66 nationalities and work in offices located in 11 cities around the globe.
Our culture is fast- paced and unique, we recognise great achievements with great rewards. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey. THG believes in the power of meritocracy. We invest in the development of our people to help everyone achieve their full potential.
About the Division:
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role:
- Working closely with the senior leadership team in a business unit you will partner up with other functions outside finance eg. online sales & marketing, ecommerce, logistics, production and operations, you will build business plans and define ways to identify gaps, opportunities.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process, while providing solid analysis and deep understanding of performance drivers
- Understand business risks and identify ways to mitigate/challenge senior management. Owning the in-year risks and opportunities for the team - the variances to the plan as we make decisions and track our variances to what we had planned
- Challenging team on performance via weekly trading meetings. Transform data into relevant information; identify trends, and deep-dive into variances taking a no-stone-unturned approach. Use acquired skill and insights to better understand what drives business results
- Analysing and understanding historical performance to enable accurate forecasting of future results using insights learned through analytics
- Play a full role in M&A DD and Post Merger Integration
- Continued development of financial models, tools, and analysis to support successful execution of strategic initiativ
- Providing financial transparency to help improve organisational effectiveness and decision making. Supporting senior management with in-depth analysis, including the preparation of presentations to Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Ensuring that key stakeholders have informative reporting across all elements of the business - marketing, supply chain, operations, people etc.