This position is based in Northwich, Cheshire UK.
About the Group
THG is one of the world's leading online beauty and wellbeing retailers, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, ESPA, GlossyBox, and Myprotein; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity. Our 4,500-plus employees represent 66 nationalities and work in offices located in 11 cities around the globe.
Our culture is fast- paced and unique, we recognise great achievements with great rewards. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey. THG believes in the power of meritocracy. We invest in the development of our people to help everyone achieve their full potential.
About Online Fraud
The latest figures report 5.1 million cases of fraud in the UK alone and as payment and transaction mechanisms multiply and organisations become more complex, the risk of fraud grows. As targets become more attractive, individual fraudsters are joined by well-resourced, organised criminal enterprises.
About the Fraud Department
Come and join our fraud team in the North West and you will learn about all sides of fraud, from awareness and prevention to detection and resolution, across all our geographies. Analysts, agents, investigators and management work as a unit, to find effective ways to combat fraud at THG. This team interacts with almost every other team in the business; there is never a dull moment.
The Online Fraud Agent will be part of the Fraud Operations team, responsible for primarily ensuring the right processes and procedures are in place and that procedures are followed to quickly and appropriately resolve fraud issues for customers, victims, 3rd parties, and their designated global area. We are looking for someone with a curious and investigative nature, who understands the fraudulent mind, and can work well with people and processes
- You will work to resolve fraud cases within agreed service levels and update customer accounts accordingly.
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to gather data and conduct investigations
- Investigate and determine required action to prevent fraudulent transactions to mitigate loss to the business and its customers.
- Work with cross-functional teams across THG for collaboration on fraud risks and investigations
- Manage chargebacks (or similar) processes to agreed service levels and liaise with relevant teams to evolve and improve handling processes
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained during the investigations process
- When required or appropriate, take or make calls to customers or victims to effectively resolve fraud cases
- Follow the Fraud procedural policies set by the team – ensure, as a team, that these are the right policies.
- Identify and analyse new and emerging patterns of fraud and make recommendations for new controls and improved monitoring.
- Take on ad hoc tasks related to fraud projects as directed
- Continuously train and up skill on Fraud matters and new tools available