Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital, the Naspers Group.
- We have over 255 employees with 26 different nationalities, and offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, and Jakarta.
- We currently have over 2.5 million customers in 40 countries.
The role in a nutshell
We are looking for an energetic, ambitious and talented Compliance Officer that thrives in a fast-paced environment and capable of supporting the increasing needs of our Southeast Asia business. You will be an integral member of the regional team, working with all areas of the global business to help ensure that Luno maintains a robust and responsible compliance programme. The successful candidate will be passionate about compliance, with a drive to contribute to and enhance the strong compliance culture across the organisation.
How you will add value to Luno
- You will be the first point of contact for Luno’s compliance related matters in Southeast Asia
- You will support Luno’s growth efforts in the region, providing your subject matter expertise to all areas of the business, including Customer Success and product development
- You will contribute to the building and maintenance of strong and beneficial relationships with financial institutions and other third parties
- You will work with the global Compliance Advisory team to ensure Luno continues to adhere to any new or existing regulatory obligations in the region
- You will work closely with the global Compliance Operations team, providing on-the-ground support in areas such as EDD, transaction monitoring, investigation of suspicious transactions and activity, and STR/SAR filing
The experience you need
- You have at least 3 years of Compliance experience in the financial services industry
- You have a strong knowledge and understanding across a wide range of compliance issues, but especially AML/CTF compliance
- You have excellent time management and prioritisation skills and enjoy a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- You have high attention to detail, a positive ‘can do’ attitude and are a self-starter
It would be great if you have experience of working in a regulated industry and/or are familiar with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills and continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- You’ll work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You'll need to hold the legal right to work in Malaysia.