Responsible for financial regulatory reporting to the French regulator (ACPR), French statutory reporting, tax and VAT reporting and Group Treasury management
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over £7bn each year for thousands of businesses, and we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established companies like TripAdvisor use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
We’ve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of the UK and Europe and are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will soon be adding the US) and serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich and of course, London (our HQ).
We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
The Financial Control and Reporting team
The Financial Control and Reporting is now in an exciting transitional stage with many new projects to get involved in as the company expands. The team:
- Manages the month end close and management account production
- Ensures that all of the company's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- Has responsibility for ensuring aspects of FCA and ACPR compliance, including capital adequacy testing
- Manages debt facilities, business bank accounts, fee sweep reconciliations, client money reconciliations, foreign exchange risk, cash flow, Treasury policy related to business funds and maintains relationships with banking institutions and the internal teams, especially Banking Operations
- Has responsibility for the preparation and filing of statutory accounts in the jurisdictions in which we operate
- Manages group and local audits and maintains relationships with auditors and tax advisors
- Manages billing, accounts receivable and payable
- Manages payroll
- Has responsibility for UK & international tax, VAT and corporate structure management, as well as relations with HMRC
- Has responsibility for financial processes and controls
- Has responsibility for financial systems (incl Netsuite)
As part of its expansion strategy, GoCardless has secured a license from the ACPR through its French subsidiary, GoCardless SAS. This role is to provide financial management for the French entity and to ensure compliance with our obligations under the license. In addition, the role will provide Treasury management for the group.
Financial Management GoCardless SAS
- As a Director of GoCardless SAS, you will have a general duty of prudence and diligence and be responsible for compliance with regulatory obligations including:
Responsible for French statutory reporting and compliance with VAT and income tax reporting - operational support outsourced to the UK
- Attending and reporting GoCardless SAS risks into the GoCardless Group Risk Committee
- Ensuring GoCardless adheres to laws and regulations including operational activities outsourced to the UK
- Capital adequacy monitoring and periodic reporting
- Responsible for group Treasury policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain a short range multi-currency cash forecasting model for the group to facilitate the management of working capital
- Manage relationships with lending banks
- Manage relationships with business banking partners in all jurisdictions
- Coordinate and develop hedging policy and operations
- Manage investment of liquid resources to maximise income and ensure available funds
- Perform the credit check assessment for a number of prospective Merchants with high value committed revenues.
What we're looking for
- You have substantial experience (over 5 years) in a similar position in an ACPR regulated organisation
- You are familiar with ACPR requirements relating to the safeguarding of client funds and capital adequacy and are experienced in the operation of procedures to ensure compliance with these rules.
- You can demonstrate experience in the management of Treasury operations in an international business
- You are an experienced financial accountant, with demonstrable knowledge of VAT, tax and statutory reporting
- You have integrity and an analytical approach
- You have the ability to understand broader business issues
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private health insurance
- Private pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Generous maternity & paternity leave
- Training budget for your personal development
- Breakfast, drinks and snacks
- Company lunch every month
- Volunteer time
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.