We believe technology should secure the digital interactions of employees without compromising user experience or productivity. That’s why we’re building the world’s first Human Layer Security platform.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technologies to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
is backed by leading technology investors Sequoia Capital
who have helped build many industry defining companies including Stripe, Spotify, Crowdstrike and Docker.
We'd love to hear from you.
Customer Support at Tessian
Our incredible product-market fit and customer growth has led to an exponential rise in users who are being protected by Tessian across the world. With our customers increasing in size, sophistication and organisational complexity we’re now looking for an inspirational leader who thrives under pressure to drive our customer support strategy going forward.
We’ve seen over the last few years how powerful great customer support can be to your reputation amongst customers and their peers (we have a CSAT score of over 99% and have never had a customer leave us). We’re now looking for an experienced leader to help scale both our technical and non-technical support to the next level, whilst retaining a relentless focus on ensuring we’re providing a service that is above and beyond what is expected in B2B software.
Customer support at Tessian is different. The issues we face are not high-volume “how-to” questions, but specific environmental nuanced issues which require a deep technical understanding, out-the-box thinking and a creative mindset to resolve. We’re looking for an experienced leader who has a proven track-record of providing exceptional customer experiences, thrives when solving complex issues and can get the best out of both technical and non-technical teams.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Success but also working very closely with our Engineering leadership (including two founders), you will take complete ownership of our customer support - hiring and empowering an amazing team, defining our support strategy for each stage of growth and optimising for customer success in everything we do. Running and leading a cross-functional team that interacts so closely with the customer and product, you will also be expected to work closely with Engineering and Product teams to ensure we’re focusing on building the right things as we scale.
What you'll be doing
- Building and leading a global support function - taking responsibility for both technical and non-technical customer support
- Working closely with all teams across the business (Sales, Engineering, Product, Customer Success, etc) to ensure we’re building a model which reflects the companies strategic aims and objectives
- Working with a range of customers (SMEs to large enterprises) to troubleshoot complex integration issues
- Constantly challenging and redefining process to ensure we’re pushing new boundaries in how B2B software companies service their customers
- Relentlessly focusing on customer experience, ensuring we’re building a scalable model that is optimised for our growth at each stage
- Working closely with founders and Eng + CS leadership to ensure we’re constantly challenging the status quo, learning from our experiences and feeding back into product development
- Proactively identifying future pain-points in order to strategically plan and implement process and initiatives to ensure we’re scaling our amazing service to cope with our ever-increasing customer base
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience of growing or playing a pivotal role in a world-class B2B SaaS support team
- Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Outlook or client-side integrations in general is a big plus
- Playbooks for implementing global support models, service levels, segmented support models (high, medium and low-touch), etc.
- A proven track record of delighting the customer
- A passion for working cross-functionally and managing both technical and non-technical teams
- An obsession over challenging our assumptions to provide the best possible experience
- High EQ and empathy for the customer
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on empowerment and building amazing, collaborative teams
- Problem-solving mentality, with the ability to think outside the box
- A positive can do attitude and growth mindset
- An obsession over tracking and analysing the right metrics to ensure we’re focusing on the right areas as we scale
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a base salary between £70,000 - £90,000 (depending on experience) and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move