We believe technology should secure the digital interactions of employees without compromising user experience or productivity. That’s why we’re building the world’s first Human Layer Security platform.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technologies to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
is backed by leading technology investors Sequoia Capital
who have helped build many industry defining companies including Stripe, Spotify, Crowdstrike and Docker.
We'd love to hear from you.
International Growth at Tessian
Tessian grew by over 400% in 2018 and we aspire to do that again in the next 12 months. As we transition from ‘start-up’ to ‘scale-up’, we’re building out our commercial presence across new geographies and setting up an International Growth team to act as an agile, autonomous sales team that will gain market share in strategically important industries and geographies as quickly as possible.
As an International Growth Associate, you’ll be a part of a new four-person team, and report directly into the Head of International Growth.
Your primary focus will be demand generation. You will strategically identify, prospect, and qualify new leads to generate interest in our technology and build pipeline for our future growth. You’ll spend the majority of your time connecting with prospects via email or on the phone, and will also represent Tessian at industry events across the US and Canada. You will be coached by our founding US team, who will help guide you to think strategically through the outreach process and share expert guidance and coaching to develop your commercial skills.
In addition to demand generation, you will own our go-to-market strategy for certain sectors and / or geographies and will be involved in many other activities that impact revenue growth, such as managing ongoing trials, creating commercial proposals, and organising networking events across the US and Canada.
Given the broad scope of this role, you will receive a bonus based on overall team revenue as well as individual pipeline generated.
We are looking for consistent over-performers, who have the ambition and grit required to achieve extraordinary results. Tessian believes in meritocracy and in exchange for high performance, we’ll offer you unparalleled exposure and development opportunity. Our expectation is that you will apply for a Management-level role after 12-24 months, with ultra-high achievers given opportunity even sooner.
This role will be based in Tessian’s London office although will be focussed on the US and Canadian markets and so will often require working to a later start and finish time than usual UK hours, and also travelling across these geographies.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has 0-3 years experience in a competitive professional environment
- Can demonstrate consistent excellence in everything they’ve done both academically and professionally
- Is a self-starter and wants to learn by doing
- Presents themselves as highly credible and articulate face-to-face, over the phone, and via email
- Has the confidence to reach out to people and start conversations
- Is goal-driven and strongly dislikes failing
- Wants to achieve extraordinary results early on in their career and is willing to put in the hard work to do so
The Application Process:
- The Tessian team internally reviews CVs
- You’ll have a quick call with a member of the team
- You’ll complete a short written exercise
- We’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview (c. 60 minutes) and tour at our London office
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- Base & proportional OTE are negotiable and target-linked with 50/50 base/commission OTE split.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers