Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 150 countries.
Our team of over 160 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, AlphaCode, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for a Business Analyst in Marketing who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, fast growing company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 150 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in either our London or Cape Town office.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a start-up culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech start-up, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Grow a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
As a business, we’re striving to treat data as an asset, using it to better understand our customers and inform our marketing strategy. We’re looking for a Business Analyst to help us take our marketing data and the insight we draw from it to the next level. You’ll help inform all the marketing activity the team conduct and report directly to the Head of Marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help us better understand how much business volume each of our marketing and sales channels has driven. You’ll do the necessary attribution modelling in collaboration with our Business Intelligence team.
- Conduct CLTV (Customer Lifetime Value) and CPA (Cost per Acquisition) modelling, enabling us to prioritise customers based on relative profitability.
- Run and derive insight from awareness surveys across multiple countries.
- Model and estimate future potential growth, setting realistic targets for business volume and CPA (Cost per Acquisition).
- Conduct monthly and quarterly reporting on marketing performance, assessing on a regular basis what activity should be increased, optimised further or stopped.
- Conduct business analysis, e.g. helping Head of Marketing estimate the business impact of Marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with our Business Intelligence team to build up a robust data warehouse, attribution model, and reporting setup.
What you will be measured on
- Clarity of analytical thinking and clear, insightful presentation
- Delivery of detailed, accurate reporting and insights that boost team performance
- Ability to handle uncertainty and gaps in data, making sensible assumptions as needed
- Ability to work effectively across multiple tasks and workstreams
What you need to be great at
- You should be exceptionally good with data and reporting, digging deep into detail to find key insights that others may have missed
- You’ll be an amazing communicator, able to translate complex data and reporting into insights and recommendations that are widely understood and appreciated
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Bachelors Degree in a quantitative subject with 4+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience working with (and modelling) large data sets
- Ideally, experience in a digital marketing/data analyst role. We’re looking for someone who has experience reporting on marketing activity using data from web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience working with data visualisation software such as Tableau
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A keen sense for how to present information for maximum comprehension & impact
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Financial services industry experience, ideally within a consumer credit environment
- Experience using Salesforce
- Multi-national marketing experience
- Experience leading multi-territory teams across different time zones
- Start-up experience. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as we continue to grow